1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to decide between EX and HD ???

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by mtk469, Sep 22, 2009.

1. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Looked through the posts but wanted some opinions. I am looking at putting a couple of snow dogg plows on a couple additional trucks. I am trying to determine the big difference between the EX and HD lines. The only thing I can find is the difference in the cutting edge. Will that make that much difference? The HD is a couple hundred dollars less $$.
    Here is what I am looking to put them on:

1999 F250SD powerstroke Standard Cab LB
    2006 Ram 2500 Cummins Crew Cab short bed

I am looking at the 7'5" models but may do an 8' model on one of the trucks?? If I do the 8' on both then these questions are moot since the 8' is only available in the EX I think.
    Also, are there wings available for these?

Any thoughts would be great.
    Thanks,
    Matt

2. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

For those trucks I'd go with an EX80. Nobody ever wishes they had bought a shorter plow. The HD75 is a great plow and all (we've talked about an HD80), but I'd go for the length.

The cutting edge 33% thicker, so you get 33% more life out of it. The ribs on the HD are 3/16", EX are 1/4", and the HD is a little shorter. In the case of either plow, they're plenty strong, so that's not a problem.
    Check the plow selector at www.snowdoggplows.com to verify you can support it.

Wings will be available for both the HD's and EX's shortly.

Thansk<
    Scott
    BPC / SnowDogg Plows

3. mtk469

mtk469 Member

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. Do have a time frame of what shortly means on the wings? I will look at the EX80 and go from there.
    Thanks again,
    Matt

4. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

They should be shipping to dealers (who ordered them) in about 2 weeks. New orders would take a little longer. I would say within 4-5 weeks we'd be fully caught up. We'll probably do much better than that - but I'm trying to be realistic.

Regards,
    Scott

5. RangerDogg

RangerDogg Senior Member
    from ma

Hey smoorman do you have wings for the md model yet.

6. smoorman

smoorman Sponsor

We do not. Because of the additional loading wings put on a plow, we're being very conservative on our approach to MD wings.

That said, I've had guys put Pro-Wings on our MD plows without trouble. I would only recommend it for MD75's (extra rib) at this point.

I bet we'll have something for next season.

Scott