1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trying to compare steel edged pushers - Pro-Tech IST vs. Avalanche Steel Trip Edge

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by joester, Dec 7, 2011.

1. joester

joester Junior Member

I am requesting feedback from any of you guys that have experience with steel edged snow pushers. Since I have some zero tolerance seasonal accounts, I would like to invest in a few steel edged snow pushers for my backhoes. I am comparing the Pro Tech 12' IST to the Avalanche 12' (the standard 300 series steel trip edge version without the recent fancy features they unveiled). Pricing on the Avalanche is approximately $750 less. I see that Pro-Tech uses box tubing in numerous areas compared to Avalanche's flat stock, specifically where the loader bucket mounts to the pusher. Is one method better than the other? The steel trip edge design is also completely different. Pro-Tech has a much simpler design, which the salesman says will require less parts replacement down the road. Is this a realistic statement? Are their any Avalanche owners that can speak from direct experience on any significant maintenance expenses to run their steel trip edged pushers? Avalanche also offers the "Trip Lock", to scrape up hard pack. That appears to be a nice feature. Has anyone used that? I should mention that at this time, I am not in the market to purchase an Arctic or Boss. Simply trying to compare Pro-Tech to Avalanche. Thanks in advance!

2. iceman1

iceman1 Sponsor

remenber scoopdogg has a new trip edge only 3250 for a 10' i have some is stock. if you want any input from a guy that does a little snow just call me. Rubber may be best i just need some details. chad 513-678-1597