1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

trying this out for back dray..

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PowerWagon, Dec 18, 2009.

1. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

got an angle add to the North Man plow, use the shoe holes and add 2 more holes to hold on in center of plow. cant wait try that out.. Send me some Snow!! :drinkup:

2. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

wow that looks great. Heavy though isnt it??
  3. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

Not that heavy bad, it may weight same as the wings add on plow. I got an 20 foot angle it was heavy for one to pick up. cut it to 7.5 was't that bad. the plow can pick up just fine sure add weight to plow keep it on ground.

Any One in Omaha Ne want one? I have an 12.5 foot angle left over.. and I work in Iron shop can make the holes. $$ for share on Angle.
  4. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

the way it looks your front cutting edge angle isn't going to do you any good when moving forward because the back edge elevates the plow.
  5. stumpslawncare

stumpslawncare Member
    from Indiana

I was thinking the same thing!
  6. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

A real pro would take a file and carefully file it until they are both flush. :rolleyes:
  7. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

8. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

let us know how it works after you try it
  9. terrapro

terrapro PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

For sure! but remember to get the heavy duty nail files or it will take forever.
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

I was thinking 100 grit sandpaper might be faster?
  11. PowerWagon

PowerWagon Senior Member

From what you see the ends on the cutting edge on front is new and worn down on ends from turning. It will work as good I tried it on some snow that was week old did an good clean up. Want see how it works with new snow. Yeah I got camera!
  12. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Yes he would...........After he's done fishing, of course:laughing:

Ah, the comments from the inexperienced......It's a multi step process. If there's more than a 1/4 inch to remove, start with a cutting wheel. Now - this is super important - angle the cutting wheel to match the desired bevel on the finished product. Next, get the big 7" three handle grinder, and go to it. Take it down till it's about a 1/16 inch from the final desired dimension. Now, move to the flap wheel sander on the 4 1/2" grinder. This will give you more control. Start at 36 grit, then move to 60 grit. The last millimeter should be removed by hand with a smooth mill file. Now it's time to polish. Start with the heavy duty red abrasive and a cotton wheel. Next, move to automotive rubbing compound with a lambswool. Finally, polishing compound and a new chamois. When properly done, the new edge will glisten, and be shiny enough to shave by. And sharp enough to shave with.

Good luck gentlemen....