1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Try this?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Gettindirty, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

2. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

What the heck is that? That can not be real! Whom ever decided he was the guy who was going to try that, he is insane. I dont see how the tracks held the machine when he wanted to reposition the boom. I am calling shenanigans on this! Anyone else?

3. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

The tracks are wedged at a certain agle if you look closely. Nice demo... I love that stuff. Need some more rodeos like that around here. Crashing and burning can be fun too watch too.

4. Mr.Markus

5. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

There is a video around somewhere of the whole climb, check out youtube.

6. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

Look again. A small block on the front top of the track. I have seen crazier like from India.

7. Gettindirty

Gettindirty Member

Just watched the video. Not me. Doof with the mic under the equipment is pretty brave too.

8. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i wonder what OHAS thinks of this

9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 Member

I guess I will never be a good operator then because you will never catch me doing something like that. He is a crazy man

10. schmol

schmol Senior Member

There are hooks at the front of the undercarriage that hold it in place along with wedging the tracks between the steel, if you watch the movie on youtube you will see them if you look closely.

11. Mr.Markus

Didn't see that on my first take... Good eye.... I not as impressed with the operator skill now.

12. aczlan

aczlan Junior Member

Also, there are bars that lock the "bucket" in place on the tower, you can see them at 4:42 of the youtube video.

Aaron Z