1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truckside way too high

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SalNazzaro, Mar 18, 2013.

1. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Ok so I had a 2008 f350 with a 9' pro plus, I just got a 2013 and just installed the frame mount on my truck today. I thought it would line right up to my plow but nope I was wrong! the new truck is about 1.5" higher than the 08 was. I got it hooked up and I had to take air out of my tires and use a jack to line the plow up. Has anyone ever heard of receiver drop brakcets or welded extensions onto their receivers?? Its just too much a pain to take the plow apart and reset it. Thanks

2. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Yes I have seen receivers that have been lowered for a truck with a lift kit. It is important to keep the aframe of the plow parallel to the ground! Reconfiguration of the plow frame maybe a pain but is a good way to go!

3. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yea I looked into reconfiguring a wideout I bought but it was way too involved for me, I was just looking for the easiest way without ripping the plow apart

4. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

Its the best way to go about it. You could call a dealer to see how much they charge or just do it yourself. Instructions in the western mechanics guide.

5. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I've put a pro plus plow together before its not that bad but it's the fact of taking everything apart lol

6. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Probably just as much work to remove the truck side and add brackets or extensions.

7. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I was thinking of adding some kind of extensions to the receivers

8. 54powerwagon

54powerwagon Senior Member

Just change the configuration on the plow. A few new bolts takes less then a hour. I would change your pivot pins when it's apart.

9. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Ok, plows not even a year old yet with not a lot of use on it so everything's darn near new

10. Dawdy Services

Dawdy Services Senior Member

If your plow is new it may have the new pivot pins that makes it so easy to change the configuration. I wouldn't recommend making brackets

11. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

I thought of an easier fix if this makes any sense, anyone know of anyone making a slightly bigger cutting edge? Maybe an inch higher?

12. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

That's an old trick that guys with lifted trucks would do! They would use another full cutting edge and weld them together.

13. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Hmmm my local fabricating shop might have some work lol

14. Western1

Western1 Senior Member
    from MI.

It's always good to keep a old cutting edge around.

15. Tony350

Tony350 Senior Member

It will trip easier with a taller cutting edge on it. Once it gets worn down you will still have the issue. I would think it will be better just to reconfigure and have it set up right.

16. SalNazzaro

SalNazzaro Senior Member

Yea that's gonna be a summer project for me to reset the plow height