1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truckside mounting bracket

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Schwinn68, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

My cousin has a 96 ford f-350 and needs a mounting bracket and wiring for a one year old 9' ultramount plow. Will he have to use a unimount bracket and get a conversion or do they make a ultramount bracket for this year of truck? thanks

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No problems there, DD has the Ultramounts for the older Fords. No conversion needed.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Hey Ben, just an FYI, they don't make a conversion to go opposite......only Ultra to Uni. If you'd like I'll get you a price on the mounts and stuff new.

4. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

Thanks Bill, that would be great. I was hoping to find him something used because I don't know how much he has to spend but sometimes just buying everything new saves money in the long run anyways. He's kind of stuck because he's got the truck and he's got the plow and he has to have the mount to plow this winter.

5. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

I was hoping western made the ultra mounts for the older fords. who's DD though?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Western's parent owner. Douglas Dynamics.