1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truckside mount for 1999 GMC

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by SullivanSeptic, Dec 18, 2014.

1. SullivanSeptic

SullivanSeptic PlowSite Veteran

I have a 1999 GMC 3500 Dump truck. It is 2wd with the 6.5 diesel motor. I want to put an Ultramount plow on it and I am looking for some help. I know its not supposed to have a plow but I am past that. Has anyone been able to make a mount work? Maybe even a unimount bracket then I can get an adapter? Any help is appreciated.

2. Doughboy12

Doughboy12 PlowSite Fanatic

On the selector guide pick the same truck with a different motor in it...poof. That should give you all the parts you need to get.
    Your frame won't change just the load on the front...that's the problem.

I put a 8'6" MPV3 on my GMC 2500 HD diesel. Timbres and ballast.

3. SullivanSeptic

The problem is that the truck is 2wd. They dont have an option for the 2wd version. It is most likely because of the front leaf springs. The 2wd 3500 is different then the other models that year. Kind of a ******* year for chevy/gmc 3500 dumps

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Sulli, is that the 3500h.d. old body style with 19.5 tires or 3500 new body style, with 16" tires

5. SullivanSeptic

Old style. Has the suspension shackles mounted way up front on frame

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ok the h.d version. Just clarifying for ya

7. SullivanSeptic

Yeah, sorry. 3500hd. Has the 19.5 tires. Looking at the frame and front suspension, I am thinking I am going to make some kind of mount work and fabricate something to fit. The front shackles are on the way. I just figured someone has to have made something work.

8. SullivanSeptic

Anyone put a mount one one. I'm gonna cut and weld up one soon and just looking for tips. Maybe it will save me some work.