1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truckside Mount diagrams

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by westbrooklawn, Dec 19, 2003.

1. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

Does anyone have pics and/or diagrams of the frame mounts for various brand plows on 1997 Wrangler? I am "used plow" shopping, and am thinking I may have to fabricate the truckside mount (cost issue vs. buyin a new mount). I'm trying to find out which style may be easier to fabricate, thereby helping with the decision on the type of plow to focus on buying.

Thanks!!!

2. pumpkinfuel

pumpkinfuel Junior Member

On my truck I welded a 2 1/2 square tube on each frame rail in the front. Then I took the mount I got with my truck and cut all of the truck side steel off of it. I then welded 2" tube to the back of the plow mount so it slides into the rails welded to the frame. I drilled a 5/8 hole through each (truck and plow side). Then I welded an angle support which lines up with the holes. Then I just slide the plow mount into the frame tubes and insert a hitch pin in each side. This way, when plow season is over, I just pull the two pins and the entire truck side plow mount comes right off. It has worked really good for me for two years now.

Hope this helps.

Brad

3. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

Here's one for the western Suburanite model...
    Mount

4. westbrooklawn

westbrooklawn Member

Pumpkinfuel - kind of hard to visualize......do you have pics?

Dieselgeek - I just get a blank screen when I click on your link.

5. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

You need adobe acrobat reader to view it...

6. pumpkinfuel

pumpkinfuel Junior Member

I have been meaning to move the entire assy back closer to the truck but it's not broke so it hasn't taken a high priority yet....

I have been unable to upload the pictures. Send me an email address and I'll send them.