1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truckside Install 2004 GMC 1500 - tips & tricks

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Paul D, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Paul D

Paul D Member

Installing truckside on my 2004 Sierra 1500. I have a 3 port off a 2005 duramax. Looks to be exactly what I need. Please share any tips, tricks or advice you may have. Thanks!

2. Welcome to PlowSite. Do your self a favor and download the installation manual right off of the Fisher website. It will give you detailed step by step instructions for your first install. Good Luck.

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Follow the directions and take your time. Route your wires and harness for ease of access in case you need to troubleshoot in the future. Also make sure all your connections are water tight and no sharp edges com in contact when snaking the wires through the engine compartment. Good luck and post some pics when you are done.

4. Paul D

Paul D Member

Thanks for the welcome. I was aware of the installation instructions but was curious if there were any specific things that I might do to make things go easier or something to watch out for along the lines of the suggestions Burkartsplow had. Yes this will be my first install. I am trying to locate an example truck to have a look at too.

5. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

you have the 7168 pushplates for your truck not the 7169 pushplates from the duramax?

6. Paul D

Paul D Member

I have the correct push plates yes. The wiring is from the dmax