1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truckside Harness

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jklawn&Plow, Jan 7, 2011.

1. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

I'm hooking up the main electrical harness in a 2011 Chev 3500HD and I see there are 5 relays in the bank. My 2007 Chev 2500HD only had 4. I thought they were the same part number but I need to check? Also the relay part number is different (same specs not sure if pin/form/fit/function the same though)

Any word on changes made by the Boss?:eek::confused:

(Also what are tags for the thread?, first post ever)

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Welcome to plowsite. The extra relay you see is for the dual headlight burn. You will notice there is now 3 wires you have to hook up to the positive side of your battery. The big power wire. Then 2 14 gauge wires. When you turn your high beams on you low beams will turn on also. It is a very nice feature.
  3. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Thanks for the reply, I thought I might have gotten the wrong part but its good to see they're improving with a feature like that.

So is the process w/no plow the NC contacts are connected to the truck lights and then when you flip the switch in the truck, the NOpen contact closes and the power goes out to the plow lights?
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, just as the relay harness's always have.