1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trucks with Pushers

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LunchBox, Aug 28, 2011.

1. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I'm bidding a big wide open lot for this season. I have a ten wheeler that I don't have any other spots for it on the town. I saw in the Sno-Fighter video of a guy with a ten wheeler or maybe a tri axle, with a big pusher, looked to be 12 feet. How does it push? How do attach it to the truck? Just like a normal plow and frame? Anything else you can tell me? I have never seen one before and think it might be a good idea for this lot.
    Thanks

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

That's Neige's truck, you'll need a pretty substantial harness to take the abuse. If you search his threads you'll find the one about it.

3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

OP,
    Hopfully you have a means/plan for stacking (or blowing back) the snow, once the truck pushes it to the ends. I'm sure in the beginning of the winter it would be fine, but as piles grow I would imagine the truck will run into problems.

The impression I got from Neige, is that his "pusher truck" works in conjunction with a large blower..?..?...I'm sure he'll post up here.

4. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

Thanks Dave I plan on pm-ing Niege about the pictures he posted.
    Sno-Crete- This will be the second machine on this lot, the first being a cat 938. I'll also have access to my rental fleet of Lulls if the snow needs further stacking.
    Thanks Guys

5. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Yessssss I like it. Lunchbox I am glad you like it. Here you have a capital investment sitting around waiting to be used for hauling snow. We installed a 14 foot IST loader pusher on our truck and it will push for hours on end. I had made several great videos this past year but had to submit them for the project snofighter. I will contact Pro Tech and see if they will let me post some of those on you tube. If you have anything that is over a 500 foot push, you jaw will drop when you see how much snow and how fast you can push it with a 10 wheeler. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=116993
    I have lots more vids on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3HD92AJABA
    and here are some pics of the set up

Pro Tech IST 14 front.jpg

Pro Tech IST 14 side.jpg

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Paul, do you have any pictures of your mounting system?

7. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I know I have posted them before, I will try and find out where. If not I will go out tomorrow and take some new ones. Its raining pretty hard today because of Irene.

8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Paul I saw those pics over at LP. I'd post them for you here but I'm posting from my cell

9. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

Great idea, that thing moves a **** load of snow.

10. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Love the sideboards:)Why so low?

11. SNOWLORD

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

I agree 100% we had a pusher on a truck a few years ago and on the straights it was an animal. I am very anxious for this year as I get to try my new salt truck with 4 wheel drive and 8 ton of salt in the back. I also think the automatic tranny will make it handier.

12. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

here are the pics of the mount on Paul's truck.

asasdf.jpg
    asdfasdf.jpg
    sssd.jpg
    tr.jpg
    truck.jpg

asasdf.jpg

asdfasdf.jpg

sssd.jpg

tr.jpg

truck.jpg

13. LunchBox

LunchBox Senior Member

I was thinking about modifying the brackets on the pusher to be like a highway plow, and attach to a frame the rides on top of the axle and is pined into a bumper made out of 10 inch channel. What do you guys think?

14. Neige

Neige Sponsor

I think your best going with a harness that has already been designed for this kind of work. If you look closely at the pusher you will notice that there is a center pin to allow the pusher up and down movement. Maybe go see a company that makes highway plows and get their harness that has been tried and true.