1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trucks will be sitting in midwest for awhile

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by wiseguyslawn, Jan 13, 2010.

1. wiseguyslawn

wiseguyslawn Senior Member

At least here in Ohio, High 30's this week with low 40's all next week hope feb. comes in strong.

2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

same in jerze

3. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

My trucks have been sitting for almost a month. High 50's to low 60's and even a few spots around the state that are almost hitting 70.

Thats the Colorado winters for ya.

4. dan67

dan67 Member

Same here this year, temps in the upper 40's. plows haven't move but once in a month. We had about 4in. early one morning and gone by 2 p.m. Going to be tough to make a living this year.

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Itymusic will turn the fans on and face em south to drive the cold air down............We got a warming trend coming here too, freezing rain predicted for tonite and tomorrow.:waving:

6. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

talking about warming trends, in the praires, over half our snow is gone!!!, i hope it keeps up because if it were to get cold here now, it would be.......................interesting...................disaster!!!

7. bcofdayton

bcofdayton Member

is this the end of the 2010 plowing season already? kind of scary here in OH

8. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Snowday has winter coming back in February. Warm weather till then.

9. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

Last year I didn't have to move the trucks after Jan. I hope that is not the case this year. I have only plowed 3 times so far. Sure would be nice to plow at least 5 or 6 more.

10. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

And the boredom sets in.

11. procut

procut Senior Member

Same in MI, looks like return to "normal" temps, (ie: below freezing) will not return untill the end of the month.

12. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I know this will not be a popular statement...But...I welcome this little break...we have been getting hammered since Dec. 21 from the Lake Effect and it's time to restock the salt and fix everything that has broken since the onslaught began three weeks ago....I think we'll be fine late Jan. early Feb. But I have to agree, if it weren't for the Lake Effect it would be a horrible year. You guys in Central and Southern Ohio have to be ticked...I hope it turns around for ya.

13. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Sir, this thread is for those us of that have nothing else to do but complain about the lack of work. Please keep all statements about abundant snow to yourself.

Thank You
    :drinkup::D

14. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty Senior Member

just got in another 6tons of salt today have gone threw about 30tons so far and tomorrow starts the repairs hoses, valves, oil changes, lubes etc... I welcome this little break

15. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

ahhahahah sorry brother....:D

16. sk187

sk187 Senior Member

We do one very large account and its seasonal so the warm weather is not a problem except for the boredom,

I guess we miss out on getting paid for salt with the warm weather, but we still make out better with no snow.