1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trucks, tractors, and other stuff

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rowski, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

I'm sure that others out there enjoy picture from other part of the country with different equipment, scenic views, etc. I'll post some over time, I've got lots. If this not allowed... please let me know.

I drive I had to "open up". We usually can stay on top of our drives but not this one, a south wind kills us on this drive!

DSCN0959 (Medium).JPG

DSCN0958.JPG

DSCN0961.JPG

2. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

A few days after... This was done with a New Holland 2120 gear tranny bucket and back blade. Sore left leg:eek:

DSCN0963.JPG

DSCN0964.JPG

DSCN0965.JPG

3. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

This drive was opened with a 1976 International 6wd 1700 with a fixed V plow and a right side benching wing. Unfortunaely I was not there when it was open up so no action pictures:realmad:. The picture shows how much snow the was. The truck in the picture is our '97 f-350 wrecker.

road.JPG

4. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

First tracks! That truck can really push snow when she her dual triple ice chains:D

loghome.JPG

5. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

close-up of ice chains

DSCN1652.JPG

6. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Got any pics of the tractors???

I wish we had that much snow here.

7. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

The pictures aren't from this year. Our season has be slightly below average. We've had very small snow events usually 3 or so inches. I like the bigger snows but plowing 4 inches is means more $$. Plenty of tractor pictures.

This road that I pushed back is 1.1 miles long. I did both sides took me 9 hrs. Couldn't get anybody else to do, it to busy. It needed to get done our trucks couldn't cast the snow over the banks. Also the family living at the end of the road (2 houses total) was expecting a baby. I used the NH 2120 gear tractor, no shuttle. My clutch and brake leg felt like they were ready to fall off. Next day 24hrs later I couldn't hardly walk.

widening.JPG

8. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Here's a drive that is our worst drifter. Under the right conditions (snow type and wind) it needs to be plowed every 8 hrs our you will not get through with a truck. If you look at right you'll see the snow bank is very thick. The road is twice as wide as what you see plowed.

Driveway.jpg

9. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

This is the same driveway that you just saw with the tractor. This is during a very high wind. What you see is a constant wind NOT the gusts:eek:

DSCN1010.JPG

10. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Service time made easier:D

DSCN0945.JPG

11. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Wow....great looking shop and equipment. You definately want to have somewhere warm and bright to be working on the general maintenance of the vehicles. Very nice pics and obviously you do a very professional job clearing the roads. Keep up the good work.:salute:

12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I think its time to get a new hydrostatic tractor.

Got any of the 2004 New Holland TN70DA 4x4 cab tractor, loader with Pronovost P-740 snow blower?????? Or is this the new tractor to replace the NH2120.

13. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

There is quite the story about the NH 2120. Originally we got the 2120 to do some snow removal work and for summer use around the property and rotary cutting. At the time I did have much experience with tractors other than garden tractor and small compacts. The 2120 at the edge of larger compacts and smaller utility tractors. They did make a power shuttle at the time the dealer talked us out of it (thats another story). Also that was all we could afford. After a couple of winters we decided to get a snowblower. I didn't want a cheap snow blower but a really rugged one. The primary use for the blower would be open up drives that are drifted in, etc and to blow back plowed snow banks. The blower we choose was the Pronovost p-740, very rugged blower. Well come to find out the NH 2120 did not have enough power at its slower ground speed to do what I wanted. It was working really hard blowing 12" of fresh fallen snow. This was found out in late December and snow plowing was well under way. Dealer said I could put in creeper gears to slow the tractor down. It requires splitting the tractor. I was still skeptical what even with the creeper gears the blower was to big. The problem was not with the width of the blower but the diameter and depth of the fan in the blower. So a friend of mine had just purchased a Kubota L4330HST and was not using it for the winter, tractor had like 8 hrs on it. The deal was I could use it but I would install a factory rear remote system and do a full 50 hr breaking service. The Kubota worked well, The HST made it work very well. So after the winter when I had more time to spend looking I found the New TNDA series from new Holland. It was really what I wanted and needed. The tire configuration, wheel base, factory cab, gearing and trans type (electro-hydraulic shuttle). We wanted to sell the 2120 but with the interest rate on new tractor it was cheaper to buy new than finance used so no one was interested in the 2120. Luckily we had a good year at the shop and we able to keep both tractors. I have used the TN70DA last winter and it night and day over the 2120, it should be its a utility/ag tractor.

I do have some pictures of the TN and the P-740 blower I will post them later, not on my computer here at home. I do have a picture of the TN beside the 2120.

TN70DA_cutter6.jpg

14. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Another view

DSCN4062.JPG

15. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

great winter shots. I wish i had that kind of snow to take care of or play in.

You guys need to get a real New Holland to deal with that snow :p
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Its the counties boom mowin rig but since i work there they like to use the yard as a parkin lot.

BTW all the new hollands i have used from that one to the smaller ones we use with a side deck jsut don't seem to have power at all. It seems like we need to purchase a step or two higher then what is suggested.

And the shuttle shift on these older ones suck, the darn cable stretchs/snaps all the time. Can't convinve them to go to the hydro style.

16. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

That's the bi-directional tractor, right??

17. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

Hey, where abouts are you in N. central vt, I'm in Berlin (Barre-Montpelier area)
    Been a little while since we've had that kind of snow.

18. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

yeppers.....Its almost always driven with the engine rearward

19. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

West side of JayPeak.

Yes, it as been, especially this year:realmad:

20. Rowski

Rowski Senior Member

Some pictures of the New Holland TN70DA. These picture were taken last spring. The snow was very wet, and heavy. It was in the mid 40's that day with full sun.

Enjoy!:)

DSCN4666.JPG