1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Trucks keeeping their value

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Turf Commando, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

My mechanic goes to auctions and has been keeping a look out for (ME) F-250 but says they're keeping their value due to lower gas prices..
    Anyone else seeing this? even trucks with over 175,000 miles are still going for $6,900:dizzy:

I miss higher gas prices .....:D

2. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Oh yeah, trucks values have been way up lately. You should buy a diesel anyway...........I just so happen to be selling one!!! :D

3. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

How convenient for him huh?! Hahaha :D

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol, you like how I slipped that in!?!? :cool:

5. SuperdutyShane

Haha. Are you selling the Powerstroke of one of your Duramax's? As far as slipping that in there goes, I wouldnt try to be a salesman but you could con a homeowner :p

6. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Lol. Officially, the Powerstroke..........but everything's for sale! ;)

7. SuperdutyShane

Haha. You'd be pumped if the guy who started this thread was a Duramax/MVP fan. Haha. I would say your best bet would be sell those junk Chevys and Westerns and get some Fords and Fishers. :D We all have different likes though. Haha. :p Im just waiting to be looking at other threads and see you have a post in little letters like "Funny you would mention an engine, I actually have a truck with a diesel engine for sale." Haha! :D

8. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you ran a plow yet?? Do you really know what you like and why??? What's a kid your age doing up at that hour, sniffing yellow paint??:D

9. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Truck prices have fallen here in Iowa.

10. SuperdutyShane

Yah... You sure did hit the nail right on the head :D I buy gallons from Fisher, I havent been to sleep for a week....

11. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Prices fall a little bit but it's still a truck that can do work. When it comes down to it the price of fuel is not that much of a factor. It costs you another buck or two to plow the lot. The guy that bought the truck new still paid $35K for it, he is not going to take a big bath on it. The truck will sit before he takes a cold bath on it.