1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service Senior Member

This pretty sad this year..As you can see there no snow.All i have been doing is salting so far this year not making any $$ like last year....

DSC06928.jpg

DSC06927.jpg

DSC06924.jpg

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

i would love just to salt all winter long. I make more money salting then plowing and in less then quarter of the time out there. Less wear and tear on the truck and I get more sleep. But I do like moving that snow. I only had to plow the top of a parking garage twice since it sticks pretty good up there, other then that just been salting everything. Easy peasy as my niece would say. the trucks look good.

3. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Looks like Cleveland this winter too.

4. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Where are you located in SE Michigan? I agree things have been very slow, I've only pused some of my stuff once :cry:

5. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

Downriver area...Only pushed on 1 time salted like 4 or 5 times

6. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

Same here only I don't have a plow truck

7. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

thats a shame we just got 23 '' ive been out since 7 am saturday i just got in at 5 on monday

8. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks nice, I like that Ford.

9. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

I agree hear in south east Wisconsin we only seen about 4 inches. thats bs that Virgina gets the snow :sleeping:

10. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We were fortunate to get 2.3" last night, first plowing in a couple weeks. We've been just salting for the most part as well but I'll take the salting all winter long! That damn jet stream needs to drop and stay down! This "next big storm" is going to be a bust for us as well. Nothing but rain and in the high 30's for us.

11. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

I would salt all day long over plowing. It will come though give it time! :)

12. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

I like the Chevy.

13. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

lol you say that like you don't even know what day it is

14. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

passed you up last month in LP .... glad to see someone tryin to make money .... your bro - in - law is odd .....

15. P&M Landscaping

P&M Landscaping Senior Member

Where are you downriver? I'm over on Grosse Ile

16. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

same here, been out twice this year. Last winter i'd been up to 14 times out by the end of december.....

17. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

same here man it sucks bad, this is the exact reason why I dont go out and buy a new arctic cat f8 sled haha. not enough snow and not worth making the payments for 2 months of riding time.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009
  18. S & A Landscaping & Plowing Service

I am in Taylor..I go all over...From Flat Rock to Redford from Willow Twp to L.P...all over....

19. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

dont be discouraged yet boys after all its only december still 3 months or more to go :nod: happy holidays to everyone:drinkup: