1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truckers really aren't that bright are they?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by IPLOWSNO, Dec 11, 2014.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

This year I'm plowing csx intermodal site,
    They load trailers on a train with a gantry crane.

I'm in a John Deere until my new SDLG shows up. I'm walking too it ,we got hit with 12"s so we've been at it 10 hours so far .
    Trucks are getting stuck its our first plow of the season so I'm still learning what the trucks need cleared first, how the gantry operates, so I hear these truckers bitching why aren't they salting mind you there's 4"s of snow constantly getting replaced as we clear it,
    I said what's salt gonna do, they said melt it duh!
    I said I'll push it into a pile way before it starts working lol.
    I said how about you guys go where it's plowed instead of finding the deepest spot there is !

I left for a break and my replacement who really sucks as an operator made a mess huge mess, I think that's why the truckers were pissed this guy was just aimlessly wandering around.
    I was pushing snow on a corner into a ditch, it was a long push just before the RR tracks , really the only place too put it.
    This ditch drops down 30' and I'm using the snow on my blade too push the old snow farther out so I'm not making a huge pile .
    I get back there and besides the windrows the guy left, I'm trying too keep all the roads clean, I got it figured out where the trucks need cleared by now and I get too the cliff and see loader tracks going to the bottom.

I couldn't believe it, I'm still trying too figure out how in the hell he did it. I figured I'd be the one going over because it was a drop off when I first started it, I had a pretty good berm that froze up so you had too really push to get it too move!
    I thought it was the terex that did it at first, because I was told it was down!
    When I showed up the boss said I'm glad to see you, that idiot made a mess out here!

No one knew someone went mudboggin till I sent pics! He made it down the ditch thru a ravine and up too a lower unplowed parking lot !!
    Never said a word about it, like no one would see it lol
    I figured out it was my loader by the tire tracks as I plowed that lower lot!
    Still not sure if he went down in forward or reverse, I can't see where the pusher dug in anywhere.
    He did break my chain though at some point! Maybe he went down in reverse and he left the pusher on the road?

He's not touching my new one EVER I'll drink 5 hr energy by the case!!

I'm glad I'm in the jd, instead of that terex though! How many guys know what a Detroit diesel sounds like?

I can just see the engineers who designed that at the first start up!! Oh yea that's a good sound lmao
    It sounds cool as hell if your a mile away lmao

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  2. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

What's this have to do with truckers? Sounds to me like the machine operators were the dumb asses here.

3. Buswell Forest

Buswell Forest PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

The difference between a trucker and a puppy? The puppy will eventually stop whining.

I hate 2 stroke detroits. All noise, no balls.

4. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

How did the cab smell? LOL!

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Some isn't to bright I do this one factory and this one trucker was stuck I get a call from the factory Saying a semi stuck So thinking cant be stuck at the docks it was dry pavement. I get there he was stuck in the lawn
    There was a storage container sitting in the lawn. He thought thats where he was going to park and ground wasn't frozen. First snow and it was a wet one He back trailer and back his drive wheels in the lawn till it wouldnt go no more. Then he couldnt pull out either So I talk to him and he gets out wearing flip flops He walking around in the snow. My truck wouldn't pull him out So I went to get my tractor. Made good money to pull him out + the repair of the lawn

6. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

My head hurts from trying to read two of these posts...............:dizzy:

7. IPLOWSNO

That's the first thing I said was I'd **** myself and took a whiff and said no wasn't this one lol

Yea your right it was the operators fault while I was gone, but I watched these guys pull right into the deepest part of the snow instead of pulling up where I plowed!!!

They actually pulled up where my next pass was gonna be!

Then I seen a guy with his wheels full lock, looking over the situation so I said try straightening your wheels! Oh I'm not stuck! He was later pulled out by a fork lift!

I had another guy pass me down this mile long road to get a trailer pulls it out 5' and gets stuck, I had a full blade of snow I had all I could do to go over it turn around and get the most of it back in my blade,
    Another truck goes too help him and then he was stuck,
    The trailer stayed there all night making me back down there!

They see you coming down cleaning out under trailers and they quickly back under a trailer too get it but they can't get under it because they rode up on the snow!

And by truckers in talking about the long haul idiots who never been in snow before, the spotters can lift their 5th wheel so they get in and out quick, they back up faster than the other idiots can go forward!

On my home from picking up my newborn granddaughter , my kid is back seat driving. She says there's something up ahead daddy! I'm like no ****
    As we get closer we see a huge black lady dragging something right down the high speed lane!

She's dragging her new charger front end she's a half mike from her car! As I see her car minus the whole frontend I see Florida plates!!

8. IPLOWSNO

So what are you trying too say you won't be back awe that's too bad I looked forward to your 2 cents!!

9. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I do a logistic truck lot that is extremely demanding so this isn't a bash because everyone is different but the word "break" wouldn't be in my vocabulary if I had 10" of snow.

10. Antlerart06

That's a good one LOL

11. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

As an operator by trade, if you can't handle 10 hours in a machine you probably shouldn't be there. I'm all for taking five minutes to take a leak and slug down a coffee and a sandwich but a break where you leave the site?

12. jomama45

jomama45 PlowSite.com Addict

I might be in the minority, but English is my first language, and it's excruciating to read a your original post, and just about anything Antler types..............

13. IPLOWSNO

No it wasn't a break, my first daughter had her first baby 2 days before the storm, so I let them know when I was hired!
    Of course I couldn't give them an exact day or time seeing it was a natural birth. So she had her before the storm but daddy was picking her up and the hospital told me they were keeping her till 8 pm !

They let her go at 8 am instead because everything was good, I stayed till 1 pm thru the thick of it with the intention of it taking an hour at most, when the boss told me no go ahead take a break and come back at 10 pm.
    I was there till noon today so I worked 20 hours since 330 am Wednesday till noon today!!

Oh and when it comes too my family they will always come first ! When your good at what you do finding work isn't that big of a deal . Especially one plowing when you can go weeks without making a dime lol

14. IPLOWSNO

Ok so what your telling me is if you see either mine or antlers names on a post! We won't have too listen too how good of student you were in school?

Guys like antler and I beat the **** out of guys like you in school and were too busy in shop class while you were at typing class lmfao

I did take home ec

15. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

There's a difference between truckers and steering wheel attendants. Around here it seems 90% of the guys I see hauling cans are steering wheel attendants. They go where the gps tells them to go, have no clue about the sounds and feel of their truck, run with their seat aired up as far as it will go with their head rubbing on the ceiling, and asking them to back up is like asking for a miracle. Dealing with a heard of brown swiss cattle is easier then dealing with some of those behind the wheel of a truck, it's scary.

16. procut

procut Senior Member

Real mature...

17. Antlerart06

Family does come first .They are only young once. I even seen my Grand daughter being born during a blizzard Seen it and left went back to work glad it was on a weekend at 1am on Jan 16 2011. Told my son next time plan it so they are born in summer time like I did.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  18. Antlerart06

That's the truth
    Some I wonder how they even pass there CDL test

19. JAJA

JAJA Member

I drive a ready mix truck..we have a driver that can make you wonder how he makes it to work every day

20. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Cheese wheel too tight?

I thought I was the only one.

It's almost like Milwaukee is back.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ooooooooh, internet tough guy!

So you have a grandchild but you act like a 12 YO on PS?

Very, very mature.

Go get 'em tiger!