1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truckcraft TC130

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by PremierLand, Jan 14, 2008.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Hey guys, I have a few questions...

I have a tc130 auger assembly and motor. Where can I find the spinner assembly and mounting brackets/instructions? if I cant find the mounting brackets, has anyone fabbed something up that they could share?

OR: Could I use a trynex (snowex) motor with this unit? It seems like I could since the auger is doing most of the work. Plus since I already have it wired for a snowex 1075 motor, and I have the controller for the spinner speed, could I just have an On/Off switch for the auger?

Also: has anyone mounted one of these to a downeaster?

Thanks Guys!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  2. PremierLand

from detroit

another questions, if I can use the snowex motor and spinner? That would mean I could also use any spinner motor right?

Example: I could buy a Buyers Spinner Motor from CentralParts.com and then buy a spinner, and fab up a way to mount it to the spreader. Is this correct? Thanks.

3. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Nope and nope. You have to use the spinner motor from truckcraft. Buyers, snowex, etc there motors just dont have the balls to take the load being pushed out by the auger. The motor runs about $650.00 from CPW. Also I had a bracket frabricated to keep the spinner level to my F350 dump about a month ago. I dont have any pictures but I can try to get some when I get a chance. Also you can not use the snow ex controller for the truckcraft oem motors. The amp is just to much. If you are looking for a controller or if you have questions just give Karrier a call. He can answer all your questions regarding that.

Ken

4. PremierLand

from detroit

Have you tried using a different spinner motor?

I do have another set of wiring for the truck that has a 90amp circuit, that should be more than enough for the salter right?

I think I will just have them on separate switches for now instead of buying their expensive controller.

5. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

The oem auger and spinner motor running at the same time pull more than 115 amps. I can see it those things are huge. If you have the original auger motor it runs about 60-75 amps at full speed. The spinner is about 40.

Ken