1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TruckCraft T-130 Tailgate Spreader

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by RB, Dec 9, 2000.

1. RB

RB Senior Member

Does anyone have one of these tailgate spreaders or know someone who does?

How well does it work? We have two 3/4 ton pickups and I would be encouraged if I heard some good new about these. I know they are a little expensive (probably same price as a v), but having a dumping capability would be nice on a p/u.

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

i have the easy sand it has a center mounted spinner vs the side mount

works good taking the whole assembly off is a two man job without a hoist but takes only two minutes

you do raise your bed often which works the truck a bit but it is very versatile for a smaller truck especially if you need to go from hauling small loads to salting often

sucks a lot of juice i will need to upgrade alternator soon

97 2500 8600gvw long bed
  3. RB

RB Senior Member

Thanx Obryan!
  4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

How does the aluminum hold up to salt contact? I know they say it's a "high grade" of aluminum, but aluminum and salt are "natural enemies", no? I can assume that is why certain parts of it are made of stainless...
    Looks like a great set up, simple and effective design. I wonder how it would hold up when spreading calcium products. They make no mention of spreading calcium at the Truck Craft website.