1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truckcraft spreader

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by grassmaster06, Jan 1, 2013.

1. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

truck craft insert spreader newer auger and spinner motors ,spreads great .no controller .$2000 call 313-443-7067

023.jpg

024.jpg

2. grassmaster06

Or best offer

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

What year is that. I have never seen the spinner attach to the truck like that or did you fabricate it that way?

4. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Do you have any trips to chicago area planned? I'm mn/wi boarder seems like that could be halfway or so.

5. grassmaster06

I think its about 6 years old. The spinner was setup like that when I purchased it ,and I have seen several other guys with similar spreader .it spreads really good though .

6. grassmaster06

As a matter of fact me and my wife was just talking about going to chicago this week,let me know if your serious.

7. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Do you know if it had a white or black face controller? Black would be 2007 or older which it sounds like. Local dealer is checking controller prices for me. If you are talking this week Thur-Sun that doesn't work as I have stuff going on. Early next week does work though.

8. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Go to karrier.com and have them make a controller for you. They were going to make one for me for the same de over unit but it was just a bad solenoid for the reason it not working, plus they don't make those controllers anymore for that unit as the company that made them went out of business. You would most likely have to buy a whole new controller and wiring harness which is 1600 dollars.

9. grassmaster06

I purchased a karrier 2090 controller and harness for my new insert spreader and it was $869 plus tax.karrier recommends that controller and harness for the truck craft spreader.I made my own harness out of10 gauge wire and toggle switches and used it for 3 seasons with no problems ,you don't really need a high dollar controller,and truck crafts controllers aren't worth there price ,go with a karrier co controller ,they are located in Ohio and have a website with prices This spreader is a little older but in very good shape ,I have ran lots of salt through this thing and recently had the motors gone through and rebuilt just for preventive maintenance reasons .no rust because its all stainless and aluminum and no dents or anything like that.

10. grassmaster06

Sunday morning bump