1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

TruckCraft spinner motor Replacements?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Plow man Foster, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Anyone know where i can get a TruckCraft spinner MOTOR replacement.
    just realized i need a new one after i filled up the truck with 3 tons of Rock!
    Called my dealer they said it would be $750 for a new one! :eek:
    I almost fell out of my chair when i heard that!
    if you know where i can find a cheaper one
    Or if someone has one and is willing to sell one please let me know! I need one ASAP!

2. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

I have looked into it without luck. We pay about the same in Ontario. If you find one that works, please post. They are apparently not able to be rebuilt.
  3. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Here is something i found in the manual for the salter:

SPINNER DRIVE - Spinner motor shall be 1/6 HP, frame 31S, F.L.A. 15, LEESON
    WASHGUARD®, non-ventilated motor, with double-sealed bearings, 303 stainless
    steel shaft, epoxy coating. Final drive to be a 2:1 ratio right-angle bevel-gear
    reducer with sealed bearings & stainless steel shaft. Entire drive to be protected
    from salt environment by an aluminum enclosure of extruded T5 alloy

Also someone PM'ed me and said he got one from here: http://www.leeson-electric-motors.com/leeson/ For $450 shipped overnight