1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truckcraft sander stand

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mvhauler, Dec 15, 2009.

1. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Well, after browsing the site for 4 hours, I guess I'll finally get to posting a project I did a while back. I decided to get a dump insert last January, but had to wait to install it until the season was over as I was using a V-box sander and did not want to keep switching them back and forth. After the insert was installed, I realized it would be better to leave it in permanently. So I spent even more money on a new sander:rolleyes:. Being a one man show, I manufactured a stand so it could be installed by one person (sorry, no pics of the manufacturing stage). It took about 1 1/2 days to make and paint. Casters ($30/set), and sidewind jack ($15) were purchased at a swap meet this summer as I had pleanty of time to dream this thing up. Had the balance of materials on hand. Kind of suprised myself as to how well it turned out. Looks funky, but it's stable and handles the unit well. Zip tied pieces of conveyor belt for shims to make the sander seat evenly against the back of the stand. Wrapped the forks with truck tarp material so the sander would'nt slide off the stand. Less than 5 minutes to install, less to remove. Rolls out of the way for off season storage, or to use the insert for other things.

Put the strobe on for rear protection (backing out of driveways, etc.). Bought the LED floods (500 lumens ea.) for $60 each delivered. They work well.

2. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

All wiring connections are heat shrink and color code taped.

3. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

Thats looks like a pretty neat idea there
  4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, that thing is pretty nice, I like the truck too.
  5. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have the exact same setup. That thing looks great. I need one of those. Great work.
  6. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Very nice.
  7. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

that is awesome I would love to get a dump insert and spreader setup just like that someday
  8. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

I was hopin' you would see this.
  9. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

That looks awesome! Get a patent, call truckcraft, and make some $$$!
  10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Why dont you send me the specs and a few detail pictures of the unit so I can build one of my own. I made something similar to that for my tailgate spreader, but it was made with 2x4 and a wheel dolly. It works well but it nothing like that. I need a project during the winter months when I am not plowing.
  11. mvhauler

mvhauler Senior Member

Can do. Give me a little time and I'll PM you.
  12. blm86

blm86 Member

great fab work, i agree definately get a patent and make yourself some $
  13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Hey mvhauer, are you running salt/sand mix through you TC-130? We never have, only strait salt. I read some where on here that it will not spread salt/sand, it doesn't feed right or something.

Wondering your thoughts, thanks.
  14. lawnproslawncar

lawnproslawncar Senior Member

I've been looking at a setup like that on the next truck we purchase. How does that work and how much do you have invested into the dump and spreader?

Better setup than buying a actual baby dump truck?
  15. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That looks great and like said above would patent that and make your self some cash and retire
  16. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

Even with two people they are a bitcj, nice idea. The downeaster have a little handle so you can chain them up, we used the bobcat for the first time this year and it saved our backs.
  17. lawnproslawncar

I pick my insert out with the pallet forks. Works slick after I made it into a quick tach. No bolts to remove.
  18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

How did you do that?
  19. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Will you send them to me too. i'm going to be gettign a setup like yours in the spring that would come in handy. You need a patent on that, quick. Truckcraft is going to steel that idea.
  20. lawnproslawncar

Simple...sort of. We came through the bed from the frame and welded a base frame that the dump frame can slide along. When it gets to the front there is a bump stop so u don't hit the front of the bed. Then it is aligned so 4 pins go through the guide rail frame into the dump frame.

One big plug in to plug in and your ready to go. We did eliminate the power down feature...not sure why though, I sort of miss the speed.