1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truckcraft 8' Dump insert

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by 2FAST4U, Feb 9, 2011.

1. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

Im looking to buy a 8' tuckcraft dump insert in good condition. cab gard, tarp, and tailgate salter would all be great but mainly looking for the dump insert.

Thanks Will

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Why not a stainless unit from Downeaster?

Mike

3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

A truckcraft is FAR SUPERIOR in EVERYWAY

4. flykelley

How, so just don't make a statement like that with out making other remarks. I myself have a Downeaster unit for over 3 years and no problems or issues. On the other hand I have a friend in the buisness who owned a Truckcraft unit and their salter and it shorted out and burned the whole truck down. In not saying the Truckcraft isn't a decent unit just saying there are other options.

Mike

5. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I to also own a downeaster and a truck craft... so I know from experience who makes the better product... I'd put money on it wasnt properly installed or something rubbed thru, it didnt just short out all by its self and burn the truck down....

6. flykelley

Don't know the why it burned but do know it was installed by a Truckcraft dealer. Also know it turned into a nightmare for my friend. Im not saying that truckcraft isn't a good product, but with my Downeaster that I have been running for over three years including salting with it for three years I have had zero issues maybe I am just lucky.

Mike

7. grassmaster06

grassmaster06 Senior Member

dealers can make mistakes ,maybe the guy who installed it was having a bad day .i have a truckcraft bed and spreader and both work good

8. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

Except with Magic salt, unless you like holes in your aluminum

9. Cutter1

Cutter1 Senior Member

I have both, I prefer the truckcraft myself.

10. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

Easy guys I just wanted to post a want add. Id take the truckcraft of the SS downeastern for the record.

11. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

Bump to the top..

12. 2FAST4U

2FAST4U Senior Member

To the top...still looking