1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck wont shut off.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hilltophunter, Oct 29, 2011.

1. hilltophunter

hilltophunter Junior Member

Hey everyone I am a long time lurker here and just today had a Boss plow installed on my 2009 silverado. I am hoping a guru might have an answer for me? When I turn my truck of and remove the key, the only way I can get my truck to shut off is open the door. Can anyone help me when I return the vehicle to the installer. Thanks and this site is really awesome.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The only thing that can affect it (the truck) is what or where they connected the keyed ignition wire for the plow harness. They obviously tied it into something they shouldn't have.

3. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah sounds like the problem, That wire should go to the radio fuse or something along those lines thats a key hot.

4. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

thats what i was going to say... Yikes i would ask for some money back for that and for them to fix it... That would make me wonder What else did they messed up.

I know a guy who got his plow installed and couldnt unlock his doors when the plow was connected. Had to jump out the window. Installer told him "im not sure what the problem is, but i do know plows have a mind of their own!" One law suite later my buddy had a BRAND new Plow truck!

5. hilltophunter

hilltophunter Junior Member

Thanks guys I hope they fix it. The installer wanted to blame the remote start. Only problem was its a factory starter. This was not what I expected when dropping 5K. Dutchess County is in a state of emergency I hope everyone stays safe.

6. contractor078

contractor078 Senior Member

hey man did you get this fixed. i had a very similar problem in my 08. shoot me a pm if you want and i will try to explain what it was. was a simple little fix.

7. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

This happened to me last year.
    My installer connected the plow wire to the ignition & the fuse was bypassing the shutoff of the truck.

I had to pull the fuse to shut the truck off.

Hope that helps.

So not a big issue if it were just the wire connected to the ignition, but the only thing thats weired is that the truck shuts off when the door opens & the key is out.