1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck won't shut off when MM2 lights are connected

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by EddieChow, Jan 16, 2016.

1. EddieChow

EddieChow Junior Member

Truck: 08 F350 Diesel with remote start (can find details on remote start if needed)
    Plow Fisher MM2, 3 plug set up, 3 port isolation module

Problem:When the plow light plug is connected to the truck side plug, the truck continues to run when the ignition is shut off and key is removed. As soon as the plow light harness is unplugged the truck will shut off.

It can not be shifted out of park (havent tried leaving it in any other gear)

It seems like it must be demons in the ISO module and I have a spare Iso module that I plan to trouble shoot the problem with but wanted to get input on what the root cause of this kind of issue could be.

Thanks to all in advance
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Where is the plow controller power lead hooked up at?
    Might be back feeding the system. Try another location.
  3. EddieChow

EddieChow Junior Member

It's kind of jammed into an open space in the fuse block in the engine compartment. Which I think was a "repair" done by my mechanic when the plow wouldn't work after he replaced the oil pan.
  4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Think you should start there?
  5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

There is s wire under the dash you can use for power supply. Used to be to right of column.