1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck wont shift

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by killianlawn, Dec 5, 2003.

1. killianlawn

killianlawn Junior Member

I have a 94 f250 automatic. Cant shift into reverse only get drive. Gear shifter moves very easily like its not connected to something. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

2. dshiftff

dshiftff Junior Member
    from CT

look on the driver side of the tranny, look for the shifter linkage. its black and attached to a cable. it kinda just pops on. if that is connected, then while your under looking at it safely have someone in the rig move the shifter through the gears. if it dosent move you most likely have a busted shifter cable, if it moves and still dosent kick into gear, time for a new E4ODpayup these are the most likely scenarios. good luck

3. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

The same thing hapened to my 95. Look under the steering column. Wiggle the shifter around and you will see where it SHOULD attach with some brass colored bolts. I figured out what my problem was when I looked at the floor mat and saw a shiney new bolt and had no idea where it came from. It worked its way loose. Screwed it back in and everything was golden from then on.