1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck with 5.4 caught fire.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by f250man, Feb 15, 2007.

1. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Well Ford 5.4L owners I set mine on fire today. The 5.4 have a common oil leak from the head gaskets and mine leaked down on the red hot exhaust yesterday and caught fire and went to ford dealer today and said no recalls or bulletins about it. So heads up when plowing with oil leak. Steve

2. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

how bad did she burn

3. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser Senior Member

Mine caught on fire last summer but it was the master brake cylinder with the cruise sensor that started the fire. Hardly no damage because I had a fire extinguisher, Ford recalled a month later.

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I was able to put it out right away. Just burned the oil dripping on the exhaust and didn't spread any where else. Steve

5. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Glad to hear that your truck is still in one piece. Truck fires are never good.