1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck wheels on skid steer?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jiriki87, Dec 8, 2003.

1. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

I have a set of OEM Ford 8 lug wheels, 16x7. Would they fit on an eight lug pattern for a 262 skid steer? I have the 22.5 wheels on currently with chains on the back and traction in the snow is pretty poor.
    Anyone used truck wheels on there skid steer with studded, sipped snow tires????

Peter

2. jiriki87

jiriki87 Member

3. PROPJCKEY

PROPJCKEY Senior Member

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS!....I used to ski there every year. As far as the tires go.....you might make them work but you will gain speed and lose torque. Hate re-starting the machine all night!
    -Jeff-

4. KentuckyPlow

KentuckyPlow Member

The stress on the sidewalls will destroy the tires, since you steer by skidding the tires.

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, I don't have much experience in a skid steer, but I'd think that the tires would not hold up due to turning and dragging the tread so much.

6. Chris Marino

Chris Marino Junior Member

You should buy snow wolf tires made for skid steers. They work great.

7. Henry

Henry Member

Street tires are made to prevent sliding. I don't think they would work well on a skid steer.