1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck went into ditch...

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jadyejr, Feb 15, 2010.

1. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

:realmad::realmad: So i had to go out for a nice romantic valentines day weekend, had reservations and a little part of that storm hits us on friday night.... Well I figure I'll just go ahead and let my guy run my truck so he comes and gets it and goes off and does his thing... I call him about midnight to check on him, and he says hes getting bags of salt off the side of the road, the trucks in the ditch and he busted my lower spoiler and fog lights on the truck.... forgets to mention that the trailer loaded with salt swung around and hit the truck.... so im pretty pissed, but at least everyones ok, so i tell him to stay in town and just finish up and call it a night.... well i get home late sunday night and my truck looks horrible, took it to a body shop that some friends have just to check the frame and yes its bent.... all the lines on the truck are messed up.... im just a little aggravated....overall on the low side im looking at 2k in repairs.... so im a little mad but overall ive still had a good winter...

photo.jpg

photo[1].jpg

photo[2].jpg

photo[3].jpg

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Ouch. How big/heavy was the trailer?

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Your just not having much luck with trucks this year. :dizzy:

4. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

it was a 10 footer with a little salt on it.... im still not sure im buying the idea that the trailer swung around and smacked the truck....

tell me about it....

5. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

yep that sucks

6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Please get picture of trailer.

Was it flat road or hill ?

I don't buy it if it was trailer until it capable to turn that much without dent rear bumper.

7. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

thats what i said..... i honestly havent even seen the trailer yet....

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

How the heck did the frame bend?

9. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

he went down into the ditch, and slammed into the bottom... like where the plow frame is... i think the plow frame actually took most of the force and may have saved it from being worse.... theres dirt stuffed in there though really deep

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Gotcha. Sorry to hear that :(

11. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

hmm that dont add I bet that truck would have alot more bigger dents in it if the trailer swung around and hit it

12. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

That has to be more than $2,000 of damage! From now on you do it your self and do Valentines when you're done. You have to be able to trust your help for years before you can let them go. This makes me sick for you! F--in "HELPERS".

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

No, I can see on of those little utility trailers hitting like that if the right front is down in the ditch.

14. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

you have A LOT more then $2000 in body work there man.....and sorry for bringing the bad news.

15. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Where frame bent front end or middle of frame or before front axle?

You better have insurance adjuster check then they would totaled then you replaced with other truck like you used to have before.

Ok I think 2COR517 is right if that truck went in ditch then trailer would hit that and not touch rear bumper.

How deep ditch is? Did you went to look at it?

Well it seem that he drive too fast then sudden lost control and end in ditch then trailer still have momentum to swing to hit bed.

16. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Dang man thats just not a good year, two trucks. Hope things turn around for you and you have a better season!

17. z400

z400 Member

Ouch!!!1

Time to pull him off the road!
    Sounds like the trailer jack knifed on him real bad and quick too.

18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

That sucks and thats why Im the only one that plows with my truck

19. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Yes, the bottom picture looks like a box trailer came around and hit it. I have the same caved in area from a 4x8 utility trailer when I backed around a corner ( twice:angry::realmad: ). It didn't take off the paint, though, so all i have to do is get it pounded out. My 18' equipment trailer would take out the bumper from the way its made.

20. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I make my wife shovel on Valentines day. Put one rose in her cup holder...