1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Value

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kdwashman, Feb 21, 2011.

1. kdwashman

kdwashman Junior Member
    from pa

2. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

$3000 is what I would offer.
  3. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

$2000 would be too much for me.
  4. northernsweeper

northernsweeper Senior Member

Good truck. I would think the plow has to be worth 1,000 and the spreader 500 at least, if both plow and spreader are decent. If the body is good, with no holes and not beat out and tires and interior are decent, I would think the truck should be worth 2,800-3,300...But thats just me, I like the older f350 fords.
  5. Ozark Hillbilly

Ozark Hillbilly Member
    from Misery

Seems like a little more info is needed to give a good estimate.
    Looks ok in the picture other than a little rust around the wheel wells and the front bumper looks a little tweaked. How about corrosion underneath?
    Does it currently run well?
    Is it on the original tranny? If so, then it will probably need one before long since it is a plow truck. Original transfer case?
    How are the tires? Is the interior worn out and it is obvious the previous driver was a Depends user with an extra large bladder or does it look and smell great inside?
    What plow and how wide?
    Really all about condition. If before the engine threw a rod, the tranny was slipping in the only gear it had and the floormat is the only thing keeping your feet from dragging then it isn't worth much. In really fantastic condition with a new drivetrain and most other things rebuilt or replaced and a beautiful interior I could see it going for 6 thousand or more.

And the most important question of all regarding the value of older used trucks and equipment is if you are good mechanically, enjoy the simplicity of older vehicles and will look at the maintenance and repairs of an older commercial vehicle with a hobbyist attitude. Or will you be doing the work with your business hat on and calculating your time involved in the truck. Either way can be doable for the right person, but you will be best off with a hobbyist attitude

If you are not a mechanic and would have work done commercially on this vehicle then you may be better off looking at a newer vehicle.

These are really just a few of the things you have to ask yourself when looking at old commercial vehicles to determine their value. Especially if the intent is to continue to use them commercially. I guess what I am really getting at is that to me, a hobbyist mechanic type who enjoys shop time, if everything is currently working and it is in average condition then I would probably pay up to about $3500 for that rig. For the business hat mechanic or the commercial shop user the value is much less.

Hope this helps you figure out how much the truck is worth to YOU.
  6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

1000 to 1500 if i was desperate for a plow truck
  7. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

That truck is worth a solid 4000 and up.
    Bottom line.