1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Upgrades

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by William B., Feb 8, 2009.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Well here are a couple things I got for my truck . This is from my great g/f. She got me the 06-07 GM Towing mirrors for my BDay.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Second is something I bought for myself. It's the Suncoast Stage IV kit. I have a Precision TC coming as well. Thanks to UPS loosing everything in the midwest it's not here yet. Also ordered the transfer case pump rub fix kit from Merchant Auto out of Michigan. Got to give a plug to both Mike L. of Inglewood Transmission and Eric Merchant of Merchant Auto. Mike has answered several of my questions no problem over the phone. He also sold me the TC. My dog got a hold of the gasket for the pump rub kit and tore it apart. Called Eric asking if I could buy a new one. He sent one out to me free of charge. Awesome service from both and these guys know Allisons like the back of their hands.

Pump rub kit
    [​IMG]
    SC IV
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

:drool: :Dwesport

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

do you have website for that store or address?

how much for that shift kit?

let us know how easy to install it.

5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

It's more then just a shift kit. Its all new C-1 through C-4 clutches upgrade to the valve body etc. Should be good for up to 600 HP. I'll never reach it but it will be fun knowing that I can.

http://www.suncoastconverters.com/

6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

wow they sell rebuilt kit for my C6 $100 that better than auto store that want $170.

oh that mean like it more reduce clutch slipping like faster engage? our transmission teacher told me that modern transmission today set for soft shift but mean wear out clutches faster so he say hard shift like shift kit would help reduce clutch wear out but not great for u joint or rear axle.

7. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

I am in love with your truck Will, nuff said

Awesome, EFI Live next?

Very nice truck, looks like you take care of it :drinkup:

-Nick

8. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

i vote turbo next will!!!! payup :dizzy:

Got to love a lady that buys you truck parts.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

What a cool Girlfriend:drinkup:

10. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

truck looks good man! you got a nice g/f haha

11. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good but now you need to level them out!

12. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Here it is in all it's glory. I'm not sure of the exact Precision name but it is suppose to be comparable to a 1058 from Suncoast. I didn't realize how damn heavy these things were. This is the second one to get sent out. The first one got wet and the box destroyed with no label on it. So here was a TC sitting in a UPS warehouse and no one knew anything about it. Way to go UPS:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

I'll be heading over to Illinois Sunday to meet up with a couple members from DP that have experience doing this and the MA Pump rub. The camera will be getting fresh batteries to document the process. I'm looking forward to Sunday. Got to give a big Thanks to Mike L. at Inglewood Transmission. Been a big help answering my questions and getting this new one here quick.

13. Schwinn68

Schwinn68 Senior Member

sounds like fun! Who's going to be helping you work on your truck? How are you liking the new tow mirrors? I'm thinking about getting them but I'm having trouble pulling the trigger

14. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I wish I had a g/f like that. She's a keeper. Sweet truck too.

15. hansons glc

hansons glc Member
    from mn

looks nice.

16. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Only problem with my g/f is that she is a ford fan, not a GM fan.

17. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Better run fast.

18. Gix1k4

Gix1k4 Senior Member

So she's the smarter one in the relationship huh.....:jester:

19. AndyTblc

AndyTblc Senior Member

Nah, She's rich

I think you must have misunderstood:D

20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic