1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck transformation

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ServiceOnSite, Aug 17, 2009.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Well it started off as a red truck, faded paint, a small hand full of light that worked when they wanted to. I decided to "murder" out my Mack for now.
    I drill all the holes down the side for the LED lights, and maybe over the winter i will chrome the plates again around the headlights, and get new chrome letters and dog back on it. Its going to get stickered up by the end of this week. it will look like the small one. let me know what you think.

2. ServiceOnSite

Ok i know this is the wrong place to ask a question buy, if you already posted a pic pf smething and you want to post the pic again in a different thread how do you do it? i changed the file name on my pc and still says that i posted the pic in a different thred and wont let me up load it.
  3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You can just resize it.
  4. ServiceOnSite

how do you do that?
  5. ServiceOnSite

well i made another file of it and changed the name and croped it and it worked, Kinda a pita, this was the truck when i first got it this year.

New mack.jpg
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your still running windows you can download the resizer from Microsoft ,then all you do is right click the picture in your files and you can resize them .
  7. xc23

xc23 Member

What size holes did you cut in the body for your marker lites. I am guessing you used a hole saw , how do the rubber grommets fit . I want to put a few in my dump. PS I seen your post last year when you were thinking about buying the truck.looks good from the old pics ,how does she run.
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Go to "User CP"

Under your Control Panel click " Attachments", its all the way at the bottom.

Open the picture that you want and copy the address

Then post the address like this [​IMG]
  9. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

that old mack looked good b4 considering the age, now it looks great. all it needs is the chrome emblems and a nice chrome bumper. off topic but what is the empty weight on that truck?
  10. ServiceOnSite

the empty weight on the truck is around 23-24k

yea im waiting for the mack logos to come back from the chrome shop, i did use a hole saw i just snaped a line down the truck then hit it with a center punch for every light, I still have to do the other side
  11. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

wow that truck looks good, man you came along way from doing shed floors. Nick