1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck transformation

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ServiceOnSite, Aug 28, 2008.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Well after reading the thread from 91ak250 and the comments saying subtle is cool now im not so sure im gonna get good feedback. How ever i kinda got what i wanted from this. all black trucks looking the same with decals and a name that you can notice from across the street and read from far enough away. Ive had a bunch of people say they like the way the trucks look so..............

dump pic1.jpg

dump pic 2.jpg

dump pic 3.jpg

2. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Subtle is cool but wont get you business. That stands out in a crowd and I think it looks good.

3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

in its own way, i think its kind of subtle enough not be annoying, but also is eye-catching enough to stand out to be noticed. i think it looks great. and ive always loved that style GMC

4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I think it looks nice.:drinkup:

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Yes JD it does.And I even seen those trucks cruising around town.

6. ServiceOnSite

GV you should flag me down next time well do lunch or something

7. ServiceOnSite

thanks for the positive feedback, i love they way they look and cant wait to get my other trucks painted and stickered up the same

8. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I think black trucks make a company look shady, But I do like the way the lettering pops on the side of the truck.

Looks good

J.

9. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

I like them verry much. Look great,Nice job

10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I like how everything is uniform and same color...very nice!:drinkup:

11. 06HD BOSS

what hell? :alien: never heard that before lol :D

12. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Lol. My opinion. Old western movie, Bad guy always wore a black hat. Good guy always wore a white one.

No offence man.

J.

13. 06HD BOSS

he does look like a bad man. look at his mugshot avatar pic! lol hes actually holding that girl hostage

14. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

Lol.

J.

15. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I better go paint my trucks then!

16. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Black trucks look so much cooler with 2'' of salt caked on the hood.

17. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

looks good. I like how it pops against the black

18. redneck farmer

redneck farmer Senior Member

ServiceonSite

What are you running for tires on the rear? I have the same truck I just picked up in the late spring and I am just starting to work on it. It currently has over the road tires, which will not be any good for traction while plowing.

19. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

:eek:Just about everything I drive and own is BLACK, well except for the tractors. Dale Earnhardt was not a shady guy, he was THE man. prsport

20. ServiceOnSite

im not sure whats on there for tires right now.there not over the road tires, kinda aggressive but im not sure make or model.
    im in thousand islands for the weekend ill take a look at it for yea when i get home. i want to get a plow for the fron of it just to have as a back up truck just in case something breaks on one of my other trucks. i started a thread on hear a month a so ago about plowing with these trucks. when i find it ill post the link i think it was montioned about tires. im not to sure though.