1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck tires on UTV

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Mike_, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

I'm considering putting these on my UTV, I've got new 7" wide wheels which will work with the 27X8.50R14LT and they are a lot lighter than the tires I have now, my fronts are 30 lbs and the rear are 36.2 lbs and these are 26.8 lbs.

Does anyone run these on their trucks? Since I drive my UTV quite a bit on city streets these would probably be the last tires I would have to buy for it.

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

I would think they would be fine for you!

I have no exp with street tires on UTV but just my $.02 worth
  3. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

I think they would be a good all terrain tire and having the same size on all 4 would allow me to rotate them. I'm currently running Sedona Rip Saws 26x9x14 front & 26x11x14 rear. They're starting to get low on tread, I think I'll sipe them for this winter and buy these sometime in the spring.

I found them on Amazon for $118 shipped and with my Amazon Rewards by then I should be able to get at least 2 tires free.
  4. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I think the only downfall would be the sidewalls being much stiffer, which would affect the ride and off road performance.
  5. Hopalong

Hopalong Junior Member

I think it would work great. But IF it were me I would look for a good passenger tire. Just for the fact that it will be lighter and a bit more forgiving on something so light
  6. Mike_

Mike_ Senior Member

These tires are a lot lighter than the 6 ply Sedona's I'm running now and they're pretty stiff, when I first got them I could run them flat if I wanted. I'd consider a passenger tire but I still use my side x side for hunting and trail riding so I like to have something a little more aggressive.
  7. ATVDaddy

ATVDaddy Junior Member

you might also want to add GBC on your list of 4wheeler tires. If im not mistaken, i think Maxxis Bighorns are 6ply too. it has horizontal oblique blocks tread design which is good on rock surfaces and sand, however you may have a hard time when it comes to mud and snow.