1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Swap

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Horvath2015, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Horvath2015

Horvath2015 Junior Member

Removing a fisher plow and wiring from a 2002 Sierra and installing on a 2005 Yukon.

I removed the truck 2 headlight harness from the isolation module, but can find where the headlights harness plugs back into the truck so the truck headlights and turn signals will work again..

Any tips?

Thanks Eric

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2015
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

At the headlights. Well behind them I should say, follow the plow wiring to the front of the truck

3. Horvath2015

I am not sure what you are talking about. I know where the factory wiring harness is for the headlites on the Sierra.. I am not sure where to plug them back into to make the headlites on the Sierra work again.

After i remove them from the Isolation module on the fisher wiring harness, the head lites no longer work are as the wiring harness has to be put back to its stock position.

4. dieselss

Look behind your headlights. That's where the plow wiring hooks up. Factory plugs plug into the plow wiring, then the plow wiring plugs into the trucks headlights.
    Again, did you follow the plow wiring down to the truck lights?

5. Horvath2015

The wires behind that are attached to the headlites went to port 3 and 4 on the isolation module. When I unplugged them they stopped working..

THere are no addition wires or plugs behind the lights.

All the plow wires are show below, now i have two plugs on the truck i have no idea where to plug into to get the headlites to work again.

thanks

[​IMG]

6. dieselss

Those 2 plugs plug into the headlights.
    Or should. They should be right by the headlights.

7. Horvath2015

your awesome.. i see what you mean,,

THANK YOU !

8. Horvath2015

Wonder if you could help with this issue...

I installed everything from the 2002 Sierra into the 2005 Yukon... When I hook up the light wiring harnesses and turn the lights on all 4 headlights on the Yukon light up.. Meaning both low beam.. and both High beam at the same time.... It doesn't change when I hit the dimmer switch.

Kind Regards

9. Lb7

Lb7 Junior Member

double check your wiring behind your headlights sounds like you have low beam and high beam connectors switched on one side or the other. happen to me before installing a couple plows.

10. Horvath2015

I checked the plugins behind the headlights.. All are good.. On the short side there are 3 separate wires... Pink.. Purple.. Brown.. Trying to figure where those splice into... On the long side just had a purple to splice..my guess.. Turn signal

11. dieselss

Purple is turn, Brown is parking, and I believe without looking it up, pink is drls.
    Thought you removed it from the other truck, didn't remember the wires?

12. Horvath2015

Yup.. That's how I have it.. And all 4 headlights turn on when I turn the switch on.. Triple checked everything.. Plugs.. Splices.. Etc.. Still no luck

13. dieselss

If you have the plow headlight plugs orientated the correct way, then your Gunna probably need the drl adapter.
    Look at westerns website and you should be able to find the adapter

So you have those 3 wires installed or no?
    2 conflicting stories your telling

14. Horvath2015

All plugs are correct.. Plus pink is on dl +... purple and Brown on directional on short side... Long side is purple on directional

15. dieselss

Brown is parking not turn.

16. Horvath2015

Sorry my bad.. That's is what it's set at. Just double checked.. And purple is left turn

17. Horvath2015

Any other thoughts as to why all 4 headlights turn on? I am at a loss

Triple checked everything

18. dieselss

Ok. Then look up the wiring for the drls

19. Horvath2015

Day time. Running lights are spliced to pink. On the positive side on the truck plug

20. dieselss