1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Snow Blower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dogplow Dodge, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

I guess it was last year that NJ went mandatory about removing snow off of your vehicles. Reality is that I don't see many cleared vehicles, other than my own. Anyone out there actually seen one of these machines ??? This guy is in Valley Cottage NY

What a time saver. Clearing the box truck is a PITA, but with that it would be a breeze... Now that school bus company takes itself seriously..Thumbs Up
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Seen one like it at a trucker truck wash
  3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

why did nj make it manditory to clean off your car? when do you have have it done? (before plows come,within 24 hrs of storm)
  4. 07PSDCREW

07PSDCREW Senior Member

It's the same here in Mass. You need to do it before getting in and driving down the road.
    The local FedEx and UPS yards have one too. One is a blower and the other company has a V shaped arm that the trailers just fit under and it pulls all the snow off as they drive under.
  5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

If a cop sees your vehicle with snow or ice piled on top of it, they can give you a ticket for lack of removal. Don't know if they're enforcing it, but it's now required....although I've always removed prior to going anywhere anyway.

Here's the notice on NJ's state website:

The actual Law:

If you have a commercial registered vehicle, the fines are significantly higher.

apparently, the topic has come up previously..although I don't remember this thread, even though I posted in it.

I especially like the clause in the law that fines any snow plow driver $250-$500 for depositing snow on any public road or public property (public lands)

9 operator of any snowplow, or other snow
    10 removal equipment, clearing accumulated snow on private property
    11 shall not deposit, or cause to be deposited, such snow on any public
    road, street, or highway in this State or on public lands. 1
    12 [An] Acommercial1
    13 operator of any snowplow or other snow removal
    14 equipment who fails to comply with the provisions of this section
    15 shall be liable to a fine of $250 for the first offense, and for each
    16 subsequent offense, a fine of $500.

And yes, NJ has laws enacted against farting in public.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013