1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck sits too low

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 01SMOKINSD, Dec 19, 2013.

01SMOKINSD Junior Member

In the spring my dad replaced his 2009 F250 with a 2012 F250. The new truck sits much lower as it does not have the plow prep like the other one did. Since he only uses this to plow his driveway he didn't feel it would be an issue. I swapped all the hardware and wiring over to the new truck over the summer and never hooked it up until just last week. The problem is the horns of the plow don't line up with the scoops of the truck mount. If I run the truck up on a 2x6 it makes it better but not as good as on the other truck. Does anyone know of an adjustment that can be made on the plow side hardware to help with this problem? I think and easy fix would be a leveling kit or possibly bigger tires, but would like to avoid either of those options if possible. Thanks

P.S. This is on a 8' Pro Plus ultra mount.

01SMOKINSD Junior Member

Also the new truck only has the 5200# axle.

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Go to westerns web site it will tell you how to measure and how to adjust the plow for the correct height
  4. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

There are 2 bracket on the plow you can adjust the height
  5. nealybird

nealybird Senior Member

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

There are two "configuration plates" very close to the horns and at either end of the swivel bar. Each plate has four holes for the lift swivel pins to go through. If you look in any ultra-mount installation manual it will show these two plates and the orientation table that says how to measure and then select which hole to use. You will also need to change the pin location that sets the length of your landing legs.

When you get the configuration right the A-frame will be parallel to the ground. When it's wrong your A-frame will tip down or up and it will wear the cutting edge round, especially on V-plows.

01SMOKINSD Junior Member

Thanks everyone, looks like i just need to change the setup.