1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck signs

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Mar 7, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I think someone had requested pictures of my signs a while ago. Finally got film developed.

Joel B.

smalltrucksign.jpg

2. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Back side....

smalltrucksign2.jpg

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

Looks good.It's very clean and simple.

4. drobson

drobson Senior Member

That's a great idea, lets you take the name off the truck if you want.

5. myo

myo Senior Member

Looks good plus adds a little carrying capacity for debris.

6. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

WOW, what a great idea.....Im going to make them a bit taller, and go with the added capacity idea too. Thanks for sharing the idea. :waving:
    Kip

ispmain.jpg

7. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn Member

Your logo looks great Kip

8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Joel,

You forgot one service, woodworking! I took note of the radiused corners, nice job!

9. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Joel, nice job! Very creative idea.

kipcom, I notice that you are attaching your website logo to your post. What happened when you do that is that the thread show a paper clip icon, which mean this thread has picture(s) and this get some of our attention. We would not want that to happen, or we would be having too many threads with paper clip icons because of you attaching your website logo. To make us happy and to make your life easier, you can put your website logo and your info. in a "signature line". Go to your profile, click on "edit profile" and if you would scroll down a bit you will see a line that says "Signature". That is where you can put your website logo and info. What it do is that it will automatically post your website logo and info. for each post that you posted. It will not count as a picture, and the computer do all the work for you. By the way, I like your website logo. Very nice. :)

10. Sno

Sno Senior Member

Easy to read..... I like it!!

:drinkup:

11. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

WX & all...Thank you for the compliments :D WX, I will be a better plowsite user from now on :p GUess us "rookies" should read the instructions huh :eek: NOT..thanks everyone for making a great site.

KH

12. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

Looks great I have wanted to do the same thing but Pewter it a little harder color to match up & look good

13. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I just got a small bottle of touch-up paint from a Chevrolet dealer, put some on a sheet of paper and brought it to a Home Depot. Took a few tries to get it right, but it looks pretty close.

Joel B.

14. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That looks really nice, not too much, but it gets the point across very well. Is tha vinyl laid on that wood? I like it, might try to make something like that this year, thanks for the tip, and the pictures!

-John

15. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Hi John,

Yes, it's a strip of self-adhesive vinyl lettering. I did notice a corner of one letter coming loose so I am going to put a coat or two of polyurethane over the letters.

Joel B.

16. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've got a similar project in mind for my flatbed, using Bangboards , a plastic sideboard material. This will give me a low enclosure plus provide me advertising space as well.

17. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Clean looking and simple, and gets the point across, nice job:waving:

18. wyldman

wyldman Member

Pelican - those Bangboards look pretty cool,but kinda pricey.I wonder how tough they really are ?

If you guys are going to put vinyl onto wood,then get a hold of some crezon.Most sign shops have it.It's not too much more than good plywood.It is very smooth and flat,so the vinyl will stick,and made to stand up to the outdoor elements.