1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck signs

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Mick, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Just wanted to show off the signs I just got yesterday. Tell me what you think. The guy who did them didn't think I'd need more than that for people to get the idea of what I do. I wanted to have enough on the sign without being cluttered.

2. ZR2DK

ZR2DK Junior Member

i like it. looks great!
  3. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Mick it looks great .They guy who lettered my cube van said the same thing less is more to much stuff and it looks clutered and hard to read then the advertising does not work unless your parked.
  4. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

it looks very good. do you have anyother trucks you got lettered or just that one?
  5. Mick

from Maine

Thanks, guys. Just got this one lettered. The other truck is a '90 Dodge 1/2 ton. It's not in bad shape, just that people seem to be more impressed with this one. I drive this one when I go to look a site over for bids or for PR. I've gotten several comments on how nice it looks. I think mainly cause it's not what they usually drive around here for plow trucks. Actually, for plowing I prefer the Dodge. I'm hoping that the lettering serves several purposes. Advertising - so I won't put an ad in the paper and get responses from outside my target area. Hopefully it legitimizes me more as a business and appears more professional than some "guy with a plow on the front of his truck".

Maybe I'll only impress myself :rolleyes: . I guess I'll find out.
  6. NNJSnow

NNJSnow Senior Member

Looks great mick:nod:
  7. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Mick, looks great. I like how he did the plow on it. Maybe you can park your truck in one of the lots you take care of for a day or two for some advertisement.
  8. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Mick, looks great. You say they are signs, so Im assuming you mean they are magnetic and are removable? I ask because it looks like the letters are right on the truck itself, you cant see where the sign starts and stops, which is a good thing! Either way, it looks really good I think. I too like the snowplow design. :D Mike :drinkup:
  9. Mick

from Maine

No, they're not removable. They're right on the truck. I guess I should have said "lettered"? Supposedly guaranteed for five years.
  10. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Looks great Mick. I think your logo is fantastic! Did you come up with the snow peeling up in front of the plow, or a graphics person?
  11. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Hey Mick, looks awsome. I just had mine done a couple of months ago, really dresses it up. I think it looks more pro too.
  12. Mick

from Maine

The graphics guy came up with that. I really like the way he did it. I figure everybody can tell it's a Fisher since it's on my truck :D .

I'd had the same guy make some magnetic signs for me a couple of years ago when I started plowing. I'm glad I waited for awhile to get "permanent" lettering since I've had at least two company name changes.
  13. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Mick - the sign looks very good and professional! You should be able to pick up some more business with that lettering on your truck.

Don't you run a light beacon on the roof for warning other motorists while you are plowing and sanding? Even though if you are in low traffic area.... it still would be a good idea just in case you have a freak mishaps with someone. I think that if someone is looking into lawsuit and said that you have no warning lights to alert them... it could be an easy win for them. I hope it will never happen to us, but just a thought. I think that a single halogen rotator beacon will be fine for you in Maine country.

Mike - The permanent lettering is called I believe "vinyl lettering." It still could be removed but it will take alot of time, and it cannot be used again.
  14. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

Simple, yet effective, I like it. Nice color combo.:)
  15. Mick

from Maine

Stephen - not to worry. I use a magnetic plugin rotator beacon. Right now it's behind the seat.
  16. David Smith

David Smith Member

It looks clean and sharp, it goves me some ideas, as I'm looking for signs for my truck :)
  17. Plow Babe

Plow Babe Senior Member

How much do truck signs cost, magnetic or lettering? NEBS has magnetic signs in their catalog for just over $100 per set. Has anyone gotten these, and do you like them?
  18. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

we have magnetic signs that run about $80 around here. i have found they work nice especially for when selling or buying a vehicle all ya gotta do is pull them off and slap em on the new truck
  19. chtucker

chtucker Senior Member

Magnetic signs will eventually scratch up your truck. Lettering without logos is inexpensive. Just to give you an idea the lettering on my truck cost $45 installed. The color logos I have are $50 a piece, but they were printed from a JPEG that I have of the Brewpub Logo.

Lettering is reealllly cheap. They type into a computer and printer like device just cuts it out. I used Impact Graphic and Signs in Edwards (Fred). I would use them again in a heartbeat.

20. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

it is true that magnets can scratch a little bit but if care is taken during removal and installation there will minimal scratches if any whereas having imprinted signs on the truck at trade in time will lower the value usually because they have to either sell it as is or remove it. and you can scratch the vehicle trying to remove the lettering anyways... besides even if you do get a minor scratch usually it can be buffed out i'd rather spend $80 one time and have it last for several trucks that keep spending less money every time i would trade one in. also magnetics are quite nice for people who use their truck for work and personal use this way if your going on a trip or for any reason you decide you don't want to be advertising you can remove them. but thats just my opinion. it all comes down to personal preference.