1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck signs & my name

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Got Grass?, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

I know most of you have vinal signs on your doors, etc...
    I'm looking for other ideas, something that would be removalble for when I'm not out plowing & would prefer to remain annon. Like at the local watering hole or in the hood, etc... I've had magnetics but thay keep getting stolen for some odd reason.
    With a name like "Got Grass" everyone wants seems to want something from me...
    Old people are like "how did you ever come up with a name like that?" "All 15 names I tried for my DBA were taken, I saw a "Got Milk" billboard & said "Got Grass" it stuck, so I went with it...
    Young people always come up & ask "hay man, ya got weed I can buy off ya?" "Dude, feel free to take all the ya want outta my truck bed" "yeah whatever weed man"...
    Most importantly it brings up a question in peoples minds, they chuckle, tell thier friends about this long haired landscaper with a crazy name. They remember me when it's time to call for a new lawn guy.

I was also thinking of adding name & # to my rubber snow deflector. What would hold up to the weather on there? Most paint seems like it would flake & grime would get under the vinal.
    What do the plowing co's use for thiers & how much am I looking at? I eventually plan on removeing my tail gate so something on the 2x8's I will stick in the bed, will work for the rear.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  2. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

I've got vinyl on my truck, non-reusable.

The only removable sign I can think of aside from magnetics would be 2 x 8s mounted to your bed pockets with stakes, like a rack body. You can have an aluminum siding installer wrap them with trim sheet to give a smooth surface and then take them to the vinyl cutter.
  3. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

You folks running Sno-Ways can get an additional benefit from the Lexan skin. Get a graphics shop to do vinyl numbers in a "reverse" cut. Put them on the back of the plow skin. They don't get beat up and are backlighted at night from your parking lamps. When the plow is lifted the deflector doesn't hide the number.

View attachment 91 resized.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  4. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

The sides would be nice most of the year but not for plowing & visibility, the # on the blade is cool, at lest for a poly cuz the snow dosnt cover it up... The deflecor would be better for people lookin out their windows down on the plow/truck.
  5. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I used 2 boards (1"x6"x6.5') each running along the top of the sides of the bed. I sealed them and painted them to match the truck and attached vinyl lettering to them with name and phone number.

I cut "2 by" stock to fit in the rectangular holes along the top of the bed and installed threaded inserts in them. I then put screws with fender washers into the "2 by" posts from inside the bed through small access holes.

They look great and are easy to get in and out. I hope all that made sense, let me know if you need more information.

Joel B.