1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Side Wiring Question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by plowguy43, Nov 30, 2010.

1. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Hello All,

I'm thinking of making the switch next season to a Boss V plow. I'm going to go with a used setup and may start piecing it all together throughout the winter/spring.

My question is this- does Boss use one style plug for all plows straight or V, or are there seperate plugs with more or less pins depending on the style plow you get? I'm well versed with Fisher and that I'd need a different harness, but I thought that all Boss plows could be run by just changing the controller.

Thanks in advance

2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

The boss wiring harness will run ALL its plows. Just need a different controller.

3. plowguy43

Nice, so basically any wiring harness will work, I just need the correct headlight adapters and a V controller?

4. elecblu

elecblu Member

Yes,you got it buddy.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just be sure it's a 13 pin harness, don't get stuck with an old 11 pin as they're obsolete.

If you end up with a vee controller you can run either a vee (duh) or straight blade with it, no need to even change controllers if you need or want to run a straight blade at some point too.

6. plowguy43

That is awesome. Is it a multiplex system or just all pins in 1 plug? This makes things much easier, time to start searching the classifieds.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No multiplex on a Boss, the 13 pin connector does it all making them easy to field diagnose and repair with common parts if needed. Wiring components are more inexpensive in comparison to some brands as well.