1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck side wiring question

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by joedafs, Jul 13, 2010.

1. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

will any of the truck side wiring from a 1997 f350 ford work on a 2000 sierra 2500 new body style? The reason why I am asking is because I am looking to pick up an 8.2 boss plow for a good price with the ford wiring.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It'll all work except for the headlight adapters. $50 for a fresh set of those and you're all set.

3. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

thanks B&B for the great news, It looks like I may be getting a boss plow.

4. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

would you happen to know the part number of the headlight adapter I would need?

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's an 11 pin harness you need p/n MSC04292. And if it's a 13 pin you need p/n MSC04601.

Most likely it will be a 13 pin, just depends on the age of the plow but the 13's are the most common. Just count the connector pins in the bumper plug if you're not sure, will be 11 or 13.

6. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

Hey B&B , I finally went to have a good look at the plow, it looks like it has a 12 pin harness, is there a head light adapter for a 12 pin harness?

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There is no 12 pin harness Joe, if you counted the pins in the plow side plug then it's either a 13 pin with one broken off, or you counted one too many for an 11 pin. Better double check. :nod:

8. joedafs

joedafs Member
    from Toronto

it looks like someone has changed the plug, the plug thats on the plow and harness looks like a western plug. the push plate that comes with the plow is RT2 from a 1997 ford, would you know the part number for the centre push plate for an RT2 on a 2000 new body sierra 2500, the Sierra curently has a RT3 truck side mount that came with it when I bought it.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

That's probably the case if you're getting 12 pins, and it would be possible to use a 12 pin replacement plug on an RT2 because all RT2's are 11 pin.

So all you'll need is a set of MSC04292 11 pin harness head light adapters and the PBA04169 push beam to swap the truck mount to RT2 and you're all set.