1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck side wiring problem need help

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by pipelayer, Apr 8, 2014.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

hey all, i put a 4 port module on to my f250, with the light harness that independently goes to each headlight from the 3 and 4 ports on the module. i took this used wiring off an 03 f350 and it all worked fine, other than the marker lights on the plow, which turned out to be a blown fuse in the plow harness. i ran the light harness, spliced into the passenger turn signal, ran the other light harness, spliced into the driver side park lamp and turn signal. upon splicing into the park lamps, i spliced in the turn signal wire on the plow harness (both sides) i realized my mistake because i was rushing. spliced into the turn signals, and re spliced the park lamps correctly. now, i have no park lamps in the truck, meaning no clearance lights, no illuminated tail lights while the lights are on, nothing. the headlights, high beams, turn signals all work perfectly. i am stumped. i know the harnesses are good, they were fine on the other truck, i spliced all my wires in correctly, the purple wire being the turn signal wire because it was present in both light harnesses. i have no idea what to do, i checked the fuses, i checked the truck fuses also. i have no clue what this could be, is there a relay for these? its a 2000 ford f250 superduty 7.3. im stumped, and the truck is sold, and shipping out of my yard friday. i NEED help here.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

You checked both fuse boxes?

3. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

Didn't
    Check under the hood. The owners manual lists a few difference fuses for instrument cluster, and we'll as running lights.

4. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Sounds like a fuse, there is a fuse box under steering column.