1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck side wiring harness shot?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bankroll, Dec 3, 2011.

1. bankroll

bankroll Member

I had a problem with my power hitch not dropping, everything else worked great, brought it in to be told truck side plug was gone. Has anyone dealt with this issue?
  2. docspeed99

docspeed99 Junior Member
    from MI

had similar issues couldn't find anything wrong with the wiring but was told it was in the molded plug. i swapped out to a new harness and all is good now. strange that it could be in the molded end?
  3. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

happens all the time
  4. maxslights

maxslights Member

The pins slide back into the molded plugs. I fixed my friends plow last year after the main power feed in the plug slid back into the molded plastic. It's a simple but expensive fix.
  5. Junior MO

Junior MO Member

Had a similar issue last season. Plow would not drop from controller, but all other functions would work. Had to install a jumper wire around the plug to get the plow to work through a storm. Come to find out after, the pin inside the truck side harness was not connecting with the plow side. I ended up installing a new harness on the truck side.
  6. blizzman

blizzman Junior Member

Im have same issues my plow will only lift from power hitch on front? once lifted left-right fine ,you go to hit controller to to drop plow it SLAMS HARD?? AND COME DISCONECTED UNDERNETH ? have no idea whats up ,the dealer here said must be plugs? any help would be great thanks
  7. bliz&hinikerDLR

bliz&hinikerDLR Senior Member

Take it to your dealer.
  8. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

adjust flow control and tighten the inch and one eighth bolt on fingers
  9. articstorm

articstorm Member

Mine also

Funny, (but not if your plows not working), but I was logging on here to tell my story of my Blizzard and the second truck side harness it's had. Monday about half way through my stuff my plow would not stay up but only did so intermitanly so I thought it could be the controller or even a ground. Run it up a couple times and it would stick, sometimes once sometimes several times. Brought it home to find a ground problem and by this time every time I wanted to to stay up I had to hit the power switch for it to stay up. Also I could hear in the radio it would start to static everytime I lifted the plow due to the ground. Ran it back to my dealer who had replaced the truck harness under warrenty when new and ran threw it. Only problem was the harness. Eliminate that and all worked good. I was told there had been a molding issue on some harnesses from the supplier where the positive would burn through the rubber and ground with other wires. Only fix is to jump it like someone else said or replace it. Worked good so far since then and used it another 8 hours. I would highly recommend zip tying the two halves together tight and then tying that down to the light bar to eliminate some of the flexing in the plug. Did this on the second harness and saw 400 or more hours of service out of it.