1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck side solinoid Keeps blowing

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by dan6399, Feb 3, 2016.

1. dan6399

dan6399 Member

I've blown and replaced 3 solinoids so far this year on one of my trucks. It has a fisher mm2 insta act pump. It's the truck side solinoid that keeps blowing. I've replaced the battery harness going from the solinoid to the plow incase of a short since I had one sitting around but no luck. The last one I put in lasted a storm or two then blew. I've also tried my other plows on it trying to narrow it down and it seems to be a truck issue. Any ideas of what it might be? I'm decent at fixing plows but I'm stumped on this. Thanks

2. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Is it oem or better? Or buyers. Cause buyer/Sam is junk. And whatever the sell at tractor supply

3. dan6399

dan6399 Member

It's a Sam/buyers. I've never had a problem with them before. Would 3 go in a row?

4. rjigto4oje

rjigto4oje PlowSite.com Addict

I've had 3 in the last year junk. Fellow plower (dieselss) on plow site suggested trombetta im not sure on the spelling maybe he will post

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

6. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Yeah I would check your electricial system too. Have the battery and alt tested just for giggles. Use an amp clamp and check your motor draw. Can also check voltage drop in cables

7. dan6399

dan6399 Member

Thanks. I'll try and dig into it a little more tomorrow. I'm going to see if I can get a better solinoid to try out as well. Thank you