1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Side setup for Fisher MM1

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Riccas, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Riccas

Riccas Member

I need to get my hands on the entire wiring harness (truck side) to fit a 2001 Chevy 2500 HD. I also need the push plates, but i can get my hands on those myself. I guess i have a few questions... such as if i bought a complete wiring harness for say a Dodge 2500 from 1997 how much of the components would be the same and what would i need to swap out? I am assuming just the vehicle lighting adapters... but i could be COMPLETELY wrong. I just dont want to end up going to a fisher dealer and paying $1000 for the wiring when i could easily find someone selling used for 250.

Please any help would be GREAT!! (if you want to break it down in baby terms and explain the basic parts that would be cool. i am great with trucks and wiring but have only worked with boss.)

All the best,
    -- Rick
  2. snow7899

snow7899 Senior Member

First off is the plow a two or a three plug system, is it a straight blade? The control harness will be the same, the light harnesses are different and the iso module is different. I would go on the fisher website fisherplows.com and use their e-match system. This will give you the right part numbers to use.
  3. Riccas

Riccas Member

I know i have a MM1 sitting in my garage and its a 2 connector plow... i remember i HAD another fisher, it was 3 connector but i assumed it was MM2... maybe not? I'm looking at getting another plow/sander from a guy and haven't checked it out yet. I was hoping they would be interchangable because i now only run Boss plows. Perhaps i could buy the fisher and re-sell it.