1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck side mount

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by articstorm, Mar 24, 2009.

1. articstorm

articstorm Member

Does anybody remove their truck side mount in the summer. I know it will be a little hassel but the mount is new and looks new and I figured a 6 months out of the weather will keep it looking new much longer. I guess I'll try it once this year and depending on how much of a PITA it is I will decide if I'll ever do it again.

2. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

This might be a dumb question but are you talking about everything the plow mounts to under the truck?

3. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

What kind of truck?

4. articstorm

articstorm Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't intend on removing any wiring just, the undercarriage that mounts to the frame. Its only about 6 bolts and its off. The truck is a 02 Chevy 2500HD.

Thanks

5. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I would recommend not taking it off, I'm a little funny about things like this but here are my reasons.

Why open those holes up to corrosion?
    Might not fit as snug next install.
    What if you don't secure everything back the way it was.
    You can't subject it to worse weather than winter right?

Just leave it alone!! Step away from the truck:D

6. fastjohnny

fastjohnny Senior Member

I'd say you're more than a little funny.

Artic, if you want to take it off, no harm, and you have a very easy mount to do it on.

7. jhook

jhook Senior Member

Sure

I usually don't do it but was thinking about it. I have a similar truck - 06. I don't drive much in the summer. But is only about 6 bolts. plus, it gives you a chance to check things over and re-torque everything in the fall. I would rather do that then have it all rust together.