1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck side equip

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by TMLGC, Apr 28, 2014.

1. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

I see lots of MM plows for sale just the plow side. Specifically some refurbished MM 1's. Ball park how much would it cost or would it even be economically feasible to pick one up then go to a dealer to have them install all the necessary truck side parts for my 2000 Chevy 2500? Trying to find a complete used set up for my truck seems unlikely as there always seems to be something that would not match up. I'm not set on an older MM 1 but don't think it would be wise to spend 5k on a new plow for a truck worth 6-7k that I only want 2 or so more years out of.
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If you bought a new plow you could always put the plow on the next truck. An older MM2 even would run 12-1800, MM1s 1000-1500, truck side about 700 for everything plus installation.
  3. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

If I went new would the only thing that would not transfer be the push plates? Also in terms of reliability is there a diff between the MM1 vs 2. I realize the MM2 is easier to hook up with the single lever ect. I just want simple reliability. I plowed commercially for a company for 7 years back in the 1990's never once did one of the Fisher plows malfunction.
  4. buddymanzpop

buddymanzpop Senior Member

You should be able to find the truck side set up for that truck pretty easily, don't waste your money buying new from the dealer.
  5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

For my 2002 Chevy I paid $700 for all the truck side wiring (mostly used) and push plates(used) and paid another $125 to have it all installed. I all ready had a controller so that saved me at least $100. If I was you I would go with a new MM2 and when you buy a new truck swap it over. I believe you won't have to change much besides the push plates. So, you could always just buy used push plates with a new plow and save a little money.
  6. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

Thanks a member on here pm'd me and has some complete package(s) he can install that seem clean. I'm most likely going to go with that. I'm still toying with the idea of trading/selling for a bit newer truck, but the used truck prices in southern Maine seem crazy. Mine has 133k now and Im not sure getting into a 2004-2006ish with 80-90k really gets me much with the 10 plus grand I'd have to pay for the difference.

Some of the repairs Ive done to mine Id probably just have to end up doing in a year or two anyway if I got one a bit newer.
  7. UniqueTouch

UniqueTouch Senior Member

Just seen this I know it's an old post but do you need wiring still and module ?
  8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

What kind of truck do you have?