1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck replacement

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by captfudd, Jan 19, 2003.

1. captfudd

captfudd Member

okay here is my situation, i currently have a dodge 1500 and i am less than happy with it, so i am going back to a chevy, my questions are 1- how are the 2500's ext. cab with plows, 2- how is chevy with the warranty 3- how are there diesels, all comments are appreciated, i am probably looking at buying from 2000 to present depending on finances ... thanks in advance

2. wxmn6

wxmn6 PlowSite.com Addict

Chevy Silverado 2500HD extended cab short box will be an excellent truck for snowplowing. It is a very popular setup for snowplowing. While I do own '02 2500HD, I don't have a plow on it right now, but from what I have heard from other owners, they are happy with it. I am sure it would be harder to manuever in tight driveways than with a smaller truck but it got the power to plow a mountain of snow. :D Now with the warranty, I think it is good. 3years/36,000miles. I don't think it is necessary for you to get a diesel truck. Alot of owners have 6.0L gas with 4 speed automatic transmission and it have plenty of power for plowing. Plus, if you put a diesel on your truck, your front end are limited to plow size. With my 6.0L gas, I can put plow as big as 9.5' Fisher V plow. But I only need a 8' plow and it will be easier on the front end.