1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck repair

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Plowguy2009, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Plowguy2009

Plowguy2009 Junior Member

I had a 1997 Chevy truck that was totaled due to someone sliding threw a stop. I hooked the plow up on to my 1993 Chevy truck, it has halogen lights and my 1997 had the old three prong lights. How do I convert the 1997 harness to my 1993 truck to make my plow lights work.:dizzy:

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

What kind of plow?
    There should be adapters available. Check with a dealer.

3. Plowguy2009

it is western 8ft unimount. I know I can purchase an adaptor I was just wondering if there was a way around it. One guy said i could splice a wire but never got back to me on what wires to splice

4. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Just hard wire it.

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Got any auto mechanic buddies? They can look at the wiring diagrams and figure it out. Bribes like BEER or plowing their drives all winter go a long way.

6. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Is this your trucks headlight setup?

42374404.gif

7. Plowguy2009

Thank you very much!

8. Acmemechanic

Acmemechanic Senior Member

Go to the Junkyard and Chop out the Connector that you need and then Chop and Butt Connector them In Place.Done deal!!!!!:yow!::yow!:

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Another save by a plow site memeber !!! Thanks man !