1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Ready to Go

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firefighter1406, Dec 25, 2009.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Here's the truck.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

I only have one account that wants salt, hence the small spreader. It works great though.

What do you guys think?

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

How'd you end up with the 2 different PSD badges?

Setup looks good though.

3. Fordguy

Fordguy Junior Member

Early 7.3 diesels had the 2 badges on them.

4. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Very nice rig even with the Meyer!!!

5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've only ever seen the door PSD badge or the early 99's with the PowerStroke V8 badge on the fender that looks like the badges on the gas trucks. I've never seen them with both badges. Looks kinda weird I think.

6. Fordguy

Fordguy Junior Member

Yea they didnt do it for long but they did come through with both. might have only been for 1 yr cant remember. the newer 7.3 only had the door badge. does look weird kinda like a gasser v8 badge

7. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

I dont think it was even for a year. I'm almost 100% sute that they never came form the factory with 2 badges. Early 99's have them on the fender and later 99's and newer all went on the door (obviously excluding the 6.4's). lol, this seems to be the most civilized and subtle "disagreement" in plowsite hitstory. Regardless, nice truck!

8. firefighter1406

Early 99's had the fender badge only, some late 99 had both. These trucks were rare, a few of the guys on my Ford forum came with both brand new.Aftre the late 99 it went all to the door. My trucks build date was 3/98 so it only had the fender ones, I hated it because it looks like the gasser badge so I added the door badges. I have thought about taking off the fender ones but I don't want the paint to be faded so I figured I would just leave it. Most people don't even notice the fender badge on my truck because of the brush guard. Thanks for the comments about the nice truck guys. I have worked hard all summer on getting the plow and stuff back together after a complete tear down and revamp.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  9. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Being a white truck you should be fine about it not fading. I took the door badges off my truck a year or two ago and the paint looked the same under the badges as it did on the rest of the truck.

10. Fordguy

Fordguy Junior Member

Haha, see people can play nice. It is a nice truck. The 7.3 is my favorite motor I have a 2002 and will not trde it for anything. I am a fulltime ford diesel tech at a dealership for over 10 yrs. I see them all, 6.0 is a strong motor untill they break. Then its just expensive if its not under warrenty. A 7.3 will run almost forever with routine mantaince. The 6.4 is ah still questionable but its gone soon anyway. we already got the shipment of special service tools from Ford for the new diesel so we shall see how this one is.

11. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

Really nice setup Man.

12. firefighter1406

I also love my 7.3, they are practically bullet proof. Hope the new diesel is good, it has a bunch of new technology in it, hopefully it is not a flop. Ford has got enough bad rap from the 6.0. Heard the new diesel is going to be very $$$$$ so we will see how it goes.

13. Fordguy

Fordguy Junior Member

Yea its going to be expensive. The 6.4 option is somewhere around $7500.00 bucks and when its out of warrenty will be very expensive to repair since almost everything you need to do is designed for the body to be removed. trust me it stinks to do too ha. I have pictures of one I did recently to change a $50.00 gasket. I really hope this new one ends up being awsome cause I really want a new personal diesel pickup my 7.3 is a mason dump.

14. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, plow, and spreader. Good luck this winter.

15. firefighter1406

Thanks guys. Hope you both have a good year also.

Thanks mrmagnum.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  16. Mad Plow

Mad Plow Junior Member
    from alaska

I always like the white. Clean look. How does your brush guard contect with the plow on?????

17. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I have a '99 and I have both badges.

18. firefighter1406

If you look very closely in the first picture you will see a curved tube. That tube used to go straight across the bottom. I cut out the amount of tube I needed to get my plow bracket in there and then had a piece bent to go over the receivers and that way I can leave the brush guard on and don't have to take it off in the winter. I took it off last year but I hate the look of the truck without the brush guard so I fixed that this year. Plus I don't have to worry about the brush guard getting all scratched up in the garage all winter long.

19. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

I only have one account that wants salt, hence the small spreader. It works great though.

What do you guys think?[/QUOTE]

It works for me....I have 3 trucks out there that have that same model....for my residential and a few commercial properties I have it works awesome...I think mine are the same model as yours but I mod'd mine a little....

[​IMG]

20. firefighter1406

It works for me....I have 3 trucks out there that have that same model....for my residential and a few commercial properties I have it works awesome...I think mine are the same model as yours but I mod'd mine a little....

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

I like the strobes. Did you add a shut off somehow to the bottom of the hopper? If you did can you please give me some advice on how you did it and what you used. What kind of strobes are those?

Thanks